Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
It's not a scam the site hasn't been updated in about 15 years.

PBU has been out of business for a very long time...
Maybe about 5yrs ago, there's been a few post. On FB in some of the groups. Some have used their credit card to order parts. Then got nothing but their card was charged. Now with that said, why is the website still up? Somebody's paying for it to keep it up.

· Administrator
3,827 Posts
i did investigate PBU a few years ago what i found out is yes the credit stuff was left on the site and turned on but it did not work and after the 90 days the credit card company would indeed refund the money. ( it has all been turned off now).

what happened was back in the day around 2000 they bought pocketbikesunlimited and performancepocketbikes .coms for one of those deals 1$ webhosting/domain a year so they got 50$ worth meaning as long as the hosting company is in business (yahoo) the internet will be blessed with that website for another 30 years.

· Registered
7 Posts
i did investigate PBU a few years ago what i found out is yes the credit stuff was left on the site and turned on but it did not work and after the 90 days the credit card company would indeed refund the money. ( it has all been turned off now).

what happened was back in the day around 2000 they bought pocketbikesunlimited and performancepocketbikes .coms for one of those deals 1$ webhosting/domain a year so they got 50$ worth meaning as long as the hosting company is in business (yahoo) the internet will be blessed with that website for another 30 years.
Ok, yeah I remember when it was sold.
I never knew the back story why.
I thought they had a few good years left. There was a member on here. He literally lived a few miles from the store. He use to go there to buy his parts. When the original owners owned it.
At the end of the day. As long as the word get passed around. Hopefully there will not a need for such threads.🤔

· Registered
1,618 Posts
Ok, yeah I remember when it was sold.
I never knew the back story why.
I thought they had a few good years left. There was a member on here. He literally lived a few miles from the store. He use to go there to buy his parts. When the original owners owned it.
At the end of the day. As long as the word get passed around. Hopefully there will not a need for such threads.🤔
We still get this question often on the facebook group. Always new people in the hobby looking for pocket bike websites. There aren't really any these days except for euro websites like xmotostore.com. Real sad day when tsunami bikes closed shop, even sadder day when midsouth stopped responding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts