Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've learned that summer in bc makes pocket bikes triple in value, but finally after following craigslist like an addict for a couple months I finally came across a decent little dirtbike to work on. Dished out $30 for it but I'm just happy to have one again to be honest ^_^

I'm still waiting for my 19mm Del carb to show up, aswell as my boost bottle, I've still got a BBK sitting in my garage i've been waiting to throw on something aswell

Things i'm going to need are:
-a chain
-I'm thinking a 74 tooth rear sprocket
-new brake cables
-a pullstart
-a killswitch

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, going to try to keep up on this fairly steady once all the parts I ordered arrive, so far i've lightened the flywheel(ghetto style)

I'm still not sure if this is even going to be the engine i'll be using or not, still waiting to hear back from a few guys off craigslist before I make my decision. Going to be cleaning up the rust spots on it and strengthening some welds before spraybombing the frame. Still undecided as to wether or not I want to try to repaint the plastics(they've been painted before and poorly) or maybe just go the no plastics route and try that on for size

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slight change of plans for this bike, i'm going to clean up the body and get a new rear sprocket 74t or so and i'm going to send the engine to Sam. I figure this way i'll have a perfect example of how an engine should be for when I work on future bikes, indescribably excited to see how one of Sam's engines performs for myself!

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I have one of my Sam's 3rd Stage engines in my A1 Cag, with his Swirl bored 14mm carb, and Jet Pro SS exhaust, and it just screams off the line.
He has a Low End engine kit, I have a red one, but it still new.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The low end kit is exactly what i'm aiming for actually:)

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Sam's probably busy with a daytime job, this is just a side line thing. Tell him what you want, and he can fix you up. I still recommend the 3rd stage billet head engine, its $30 more but well worth it. The head is big and helps keep the engine cool.
For low end they hog out the side ports on the other side for low end, and resize the 3rd intake port also.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Slight change of plans for this bike, i'm going to clean up the body and get a new rear sprocket 74t or so and i'm going to send the engine to Sam. I figure this way i'll have a perfect example of how an engine should be for when I work on future bikes, indescribably excited to see how one of Sam's engines performs for myself!
That is a really Smart move Saelix! I've gone as far as "hanging out" at a Hyundai dealership on "the right day" to watch the tech do something on a Hyundai, that I needed to do on mine.

I would pay Sam to do an engine for me too, but I have too much fun trying to do it myself, but being honest, his stuff does look quite a bit nicer than mine. :p

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still a novice to most aspects of an engine so having something to base my modifications off of to start with feels like a good precaution :p

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Sam does it cheaper & better than I can myself, so it is a No Brainer, plus he knows what he is doing, and I am just playing around,lol,lol. You get his engine set up with a good carb and hp exhaust and it will Pull.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts