Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
pet science project
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im tired of looking for a frame so im building my own, probably tougher then the oem one. so im building a water cooled nitrous equipped pocket quad. its going to be dual function drag/trail. it will have a 20 shot wet and a heavily modded blata rep. heres the frame as she sits.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What size of engine was in this frame initially if it had one ? It sounds like it will be quite a wild ride when its done

·
pet science project
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
half fairing cag, it was a 49cc, its getting a 49cc big bore C2 liquid cooled engine.

·
pet science project
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heres what im doing, bear with me, im kinda engineering as i go, im going with a 1 1/4 rear axle with pretty much a bar stool racer rear set up. its gonna have alot of ground clearance. im thinking on how i can incorperate front hydralic brakes. single wishbone front frame, basic shocks, steering dampers, battery will be purposly mounted on the front for a counter weight. im gonna run bridgstones on the rear, stay pocket guys!

·
x-19 under construction
202 Posts
are you still building this? i really wanna see how its coming out. i might do something like this with a mid bike frame.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
one of the ways to make a frame conscentric and viable in a homemade frame setup is having a solid level base frame jig....

Once youve sucessfully pulled off a complete frame and have all pieces of the jig built you can either mnass produce the frames for sale or you can sell the jig off to someone who will...........Good Luck

Building things from scratch isnt too hard if your knowledgeable in the art of bending metals for strength instead of welding a bunch of tubes together...........

·
x-19 under construction
202 Posts
yea i was thinking that i was gona have to make my own frame for what i wanna be building. I dont know much about bending pipes.. seems super simple in my head but i dont have the tools for it. i know a few thing about welding tho.

·
Registered
316 Posts
cool project!

ill see if i can find some pictures of a mini quad frame. seems there were some here a while back.

Hugh
SDscooters

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
cool project!

ill see if i can find some pictures of a mini quad frame. seems there were some here a while back.

Hugh
SDscooters
Heres some pics of the frame I'm using for my quad build

Attachments

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,182 Posts
Unfortunately the chinese frames are just that, a Chinese frame. Rare if they have a nameplate. Looking up parts for the engine is easy. I believe seat and plastics are on ebay, as are tires. Mini quad, micro quad, is usually the generic name.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately the chinese frames are just that, a Chinese frame. Rare if they have a nameplate. Looking up parts for the engine is easy. I believe seat and plastics are on ebay, as are tires. Mini quad, micro quad, is usually the generic name.
Parts have been fairly easy to find and or modify from a different style mini quad bike to make fit and look good. Currently looking for foot rests covers for this particular foot rest support. Everything on eBay, AliExpress etc etc aren't close. Reckon I'll have to buy some covers of a similar shape to modify or modify the support to match covers that I can find for quad bikes. Also looking for a chain guard, found a cpl but not gonna pay the $100+ price tag on ebay. Think I can make a PW80 guard work easily. Other then that just a rear axle and plastic both of which are plentiful.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread Urban design Line

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought a EN07 to replace the non running original for now. Gonna do a complete rebuild and port the original engine just to tinker. Anyone recognize the plastic and can put a model name to this quad? I've looked at thousands of pics of different quad bikes, looked up the vin as well. It's a 2002 Tao Motors but I'm unsuccessful on the model so far.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yours is interesting with a single front shock. Never seen that before. I bought a miniquad off a buddy recently. Its a rigid chassis, no shocks. No name no numbers. But I was looking up parts for him, that's why I knew there was a lot available. Other than that I don't know the models of any quad unfortunately. Tao, sounds like tao tao, I had plenty of there pit bikes over the years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just have the stock exhaust. Have had a hard time finding a big chambered performance pipe. Most the sites I have found have bad reviews, aren't doing business any longer, or won't ship to the US. Gonna grab this pipe if I can't find anything better. Know of any legit websites I can go to?
Rectangle Metal Composite material Nickel Fashion accessory
Office supplies Font Metal Tool Fashion accessory

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I definitely have stuck out as well. Best bet is to get an x1 x2 fatty pipe, available on Ebay, then a 1" j-pipe and you would have a nice pipe custom made. That's what I want for my quad OR one of those 50cc scooter pipes on ebay. Again the header pipe would be custom.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts