Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have a 47cc pocketbike and the thing hasn't been starting for over a year. I opened up the engine today and saw that both the piston rings were missing. Would this be the problem to why it won't start? The carb was gone bad so I bought a new one and replaced it. I tried pulling on it for a day with not even a hiccup. I checked the carb and it had gas in it, but when I checked inside the engine, it was dry. What do you guy think? My guess is that the missing piston rings aren't causing enough compression in the engine for the reeds to open up properly and suck gas into the engine. This is a learn as you go process for me guys. Any help would be appreciated. I'll post pics up in a bit. The engine is in excellent condition otherwise. Thanks.

Here's a pic, that's basically how it was sitting in the engine, missing both piston rings.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Won't work without rings. You have a ported piston, do you have third or forth intake ports on the inside upper part of the cylinder?? Is your piston 40mm or 44mm in dia?? Was that port hole facing the exhaust port or upper cyld?? Do you have a one piece head/cyld or a 2 piece w/ removable head??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts