Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What else can cause "hunting" .I've replaced a leaking crank seal and done an air test which is all good.checked filter in sha carb, obviously I got plenty of fuel in the tank. I've tried changing jet from 82 up to 86 but no improvements. What am I missing? It ticks over alright when I start it from cold but once it heats up or after heavy acceleration once I let off the throttle it still revs quite high and takes maybe 10 seconds to return to correct idle. Oh I've also checked the throttle cable tension

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's air cooled. It's definitely air tight. I even put it in a bucket of water whilst under test to look out for air bubbles. Thinking it must be something on the fuel side?..

·
Registered
346 Posts
If a sha 14 carburetor is mounted check once the gasket in the carburetor where you put it on the neck. It can also be a crack on the crankshaft housing, where it sucks air only when warm.

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
I had the same kind of trouble when I put a 19mm Dell PHBG clone carb on my 50cc ( 46cc ) C1 water cooled Blata clone engine, replacing the 14mm SHA Dell clone carb and bigger manifold. The 19mm had a stock .84 main jet, with the big carb it was to lean. A member told me to put a 1.01mm main jet cause there was to much air. With that mod it was to rich at the low end but pretty good on the high end. When I let off it would run on for a few seconds and then drop off.
Its been years since I did that, but, it might have been sucking air behind the carb, I would go over you carb and intake and reeds area, cause it sounds like an air leak. The air coming in behind the carb draws fuel up the main jet and it keeps running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts