1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
The same one is $350 at tsunami.. I'm sure it would work for a while after a rebuild and kick some major arse with some of cam2's famous blueprinting... What would you put it in??

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just bought one.

I already have my banshee and blata 2.5 so not a pocket bike. My buddy used to work at a bike shop. They would get old bikes in there that people didn't want anymore. They had so many they were fixing them up and donating them. I ended up getting a pretty decent hybrid for free, just needed new tires. Anyway, I already have a road bike and mountain bike so I don't really bike on the freebie. I'm thinkin its time for some water cooled motorbike. There are kits around but they are all pretty much junk. So why not do something custom with a water cooled rep engine.

I have a lightly used 40cc 3 port polini cylinder and head sitting around. Also got a real sha 14 sitting in a box, got 2 when I bought the 2.5. I was thinking of swapping the cylinders and carbs and getting new reeds. I would blueprint it in the process just like I did with the banshee. I would mount a water pump somehow. I don't want to spend the cash for another bzm pump tho, seems like soo much for a tiny water pump. Would probably find a cheap radiator on ebay or somewhere.

I would probably end up tig welding a tuned exhaust so it would fit nicely.

It would be like an assembly that could mount on a bike rack. I have this bike rack that has a quick change mechanism for sliding different accessories on and off of the rack. I figure I could adapt a plate to mount the engine assembly on. I would put a sprocket on the rear wheel of the bike and have some sort of chain tensioner that I could use to slip the chain on and off of the pinion. This way I could remove the whole assembly pretty easily if I wanted to use the bike without the engine.

I think it would be pretty easy except for the fact that I've never built an expansion chamber. I've got bell's book for that. I would probably design a chamber that would work well down low.

I think it would be faster than those ebay kits you see on some bikes.

Don't know, I'm going to give it a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.