Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Really nice bikes. Kinda glad I dont live in a gated community. No offence intended. I just terrorize my local neighborhood.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i like living here, don't get me wrong. i don't have to worry about D!ickheads walking around peeking into my garage or even having to lock my doors at night. i don't live in the greatest of cities, Stockton CA but this is as good as it gets.

on the flip side, i just picked up my keys to the local kart track which is right in between the house and work and can use the track whenever i please. i work 18 miles away.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I had thought about that too there are definitely positives, like you're saying not just anyone is walking in your neighborhood, if they're there then they know someone there or have a house there but there is a reason for them to be there .... and It used to be that way when I was growing up we never literally locked our door ever

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yeah someone once broke into our truck when it was in our drive way. So it definitely has positives. And you are very lucky to have a kart track that you can use whenever you want.

·
Registered
823 Posts
To be honest we really don't have to lock our doors now courtesy of a male and female purebred German Shepherd and one mix the male was a 135 lbs at less than 2 yrs of age no kidding no bull ,at 15 mos no one believed his age our female tall skinny like a male shepherd, last weighed 4 mos ago at 88lbs ,the female is only 1 inch or less the males height, and that's just the alarm system , I wanted to take him to lil 99 but even if they took animals after 2 x they would've asked me to never bring him again, that's the male and female and I'll add my pic ,oh and the lady is my beautiful woman over 12 yrs

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
its been a while. but my polini is still in the same condition we left off at.

i did make an order with Tsunamibike, taking advantage of their 25% off all italian minimoto parts sale AND the awesome CAD to USD exchange rate. so if you guy happen to be looking for some sick deals, the prices listed may as well be marked down 50%. shipping is flat rate depending on the final total amount.

ordered a new 3 shoe BZM clutch, a couple new polini reverse pull start along with some china copies, DM racing radiator for $75usd (crazy because these are almost $500 anywhere else) and some other little bits for my DM. if they had any PMT T42 rears, i woulda cleaned them out.

made an order with mid south for a Stator, coil and Polini Reverse clutch holder. I've got a whole bunch of "conventional" minimoto tools but nothing really works with the reverse motor.

was also shopping around for a new motor to propel my DM with. figured since I've got my GP3 as a 50cc, I'm obligated to bump the DM up to a 50 also. which i really don't want to mess around with building the original motor up to one so i would just buy a new setup.

trying to decide between a cheap Polini 50cc, Polini/BZM hybrid with a 50cc 6 port, all out BZM factory tuned or blow it all on the oh so sick IAME 50cc.

i got quoted 1600 euro shipped from italy for a "worked" IAME 50cc with all the CSracing bells and whistles along with a matching 50cc race pipe and 21mm PHBG carb BUT.. a brand new BZM 50cc factory tuned motor i can get for $1500 USD.

the kicker, i hear BZM stopped manufacturing minimoto parts as of late 2015. so once supplies are gone, they're gone.

I've got some contemplating to do. but I've got all the time in the world.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I am a Board Member of the Assoc. where I live in the forest, 52 homes, we run the water system and road maintenance. Road is to steep and to many bumps where it has been patched, for the Mini Motos.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
got SOME of my parts in - FINALLY.

waiting on a Stator and Coil which i had ordered a couple weeks ago and was just informed that it wasn't available and had to be ordered from Italy. had i known, i would have made a bulk order of some other crap and ate the cost of shipping on my own. and I'm still missing a gasket set from 2 orders ago.

kind of a headache.

received my order from Tsunami with 2 Polini Reverse pullstarts missing. luckily i was getting ready to make another order when i discovered they were missing. hit them up, ask to have it added to the next shipment.

ordered a BZM 50cc 6 port top end for the reverse motor.

its pretty frustrating having only a couple places to get parts from, whom of which make petty mistakes when purchasing from.

i get it. this isn't really a money maker anymore. but if I'm buying something and paying good money for quality stuff, I'm expecting quality customer service. granted, I've never given nor received any negative remarks from either and have been held satisfied with their efforts to make things right.

its just a hobby to me. i just don't like my money floating around between cyber space and mail freight.

anyways. this should be one of my last orders before acquiring everything i need to have a reliable stable and stock to keep them running at the track.

next order will be for a summer reverse build using a cheap china crank case to grind away at. everything else will be genuine polini and BZM.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
yeah. they were $12. i just wanted to have 2 sets set to the side along with a couple sets of bearings and seals so when i do decide to rebuild, I'm not having to wait for parts.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm late in this thread and you probably already know this but isn't bogging just to much air flow? Have you tried just increasing your jet size?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
To much gas will drowned the engine and it turns into a gas pump not a combustion engine, To much air it will die out, not enough gas to make an explosion. My 50cc W/C C1 clone Blata, has a China clone 19mm Dell 'Orto and 19mm manifold, bike came with a clone 14/14mm SHA.
If I remember correctly it came with a .84mm main jet, when I opened the throttle the modified engine with way bigger carb would just want to stop. A member here told me to put a 1.01mm main jet much bigger than stock. It loved running wide open, but really rich at the low end, so you drop the piston needle down by rasing the top clip up on the top end of the needle, cause the 40mm piston can't pull enough air thru the 19 or 21mm venturi to draw gas up the main jet and or pilot jet tubes, so you need bigger ones which also have tiny holes, and 100 different main and pilot jet and atomizer tubes with different size holes, it Boggles the mind.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
its been about a year. HAHAHA

couple updates. still working out the kinks on this bike. haven't had much time. runs like crap after it gets warmed up. when its cold, power all day. I've been told that I'm running the wrong plug. i also think that this motor isn't happy running 100oct through it. we'll see. I'm taking the bike out this weekend with 91 and the preferred plug by BZM

had to fab up a new radiator mount after installing the BZM head. the old mount would use the head studs on the polini 4 bolt head to hold the mount in place. the BZM head has a 5 bolt head.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
i nudged the idea of it being the carb around. then i got to thinking.. i did 4 or 5 runs that day of up to 5 laps each (which was all i could take with it running so crappy) and the results were all the same. upon cold start and out the gate, i could only get 2 laps with the bike running very well before it would start to sputter.

conditions: high 70's low 80's. sea level. 100oct mixed to 44:1 Motul 800 fresh from that morning.

i can probably rule the carb being free of any problems based on a previous day where i didn't have any problem with the motor running. sadly it wasn't a long riding day so i wasn't able to get much tuning out of it.

plug is a bit odd. shiny and wet, but its clean. no sut.. not oily. theres only a little bit of dark oil around the threads

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Have you tried 93 or 91oct? There is something slightly wrong with your fuel. As the air warms up it thins out, throwing off your mixture.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.