Pocketbike Forum banner

Polini vs Blata

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
No worries man, we are all here to learn.

But Blata's IMO still suck, I have yet to see one do well domestically in many many years. Polini motors are still much easier to get parts for, and are actually less expensive to work on. Also BZM now makes kits to fit a Polini kit. I have build several hybrid Polini/BZM engines that kick *** on the track.

Regardless, you won't go wrong by either, still much more reliable than any china engine.

Cheers

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've ridden , Blata, Polini, GRC, and currently ride DM. The Blata elite chassis is very nimble, and the motor is pretty nice. But I really prefer the DM over all the bikes. And because it's Polini powered, which is very easy to get parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are just talking about parts. I prefer the Blata WRS. It's alot easier then a Polini 911 to race. Here in Europe Blata parts is avalible from day 2 day just like polini and bzm.

But i agree - the new Polini looks great. (GP5)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've ridden an Elite 13, and I race on a 911 rep. The Elite 13 felt too cramped for me. It restricted my ability to reposition on the seat, and laying it down on fast sweepers just felt weired. The 911 feels great for me, I'm able to reposition myself a lot, and I can adjust lean angle quite easily. The front end took some getting used to though, super stiff. The 911 also tires me out a lot more indoor, counter steering in hairpins..

·
Registered
51 Posts
I absolutely love my Blata although I've never ridden a Polini before so I can't really make a true decision.

I'll have to pick up a Polini sometime down the line to really get a good feeling for it. I just hope its as good as (per the poll) half of you guys say they are.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes. The Elite 11 . they are out of production. and hard to come by.

Midsouth Minimoto Still currently has Polini motorcycles for sale.When I called to order my new 2008 DM Midi Official with hydraulic brakes, I asked what else that had. They have brand new Carena 910 S's in a 4.2 and 6.2 a/c in stock. as well as some used bikes. My DM should be here in a month. I'm stoked!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i love polini's ive got a brand new polini 910 carena with a bzm exhuast that makes the bike like torpedo....i live in new zealand even though minimoto racing is pretty big down here everyone drives polini's and chinese rip off's currently there is only 2 blata minimoto's in the whole of new zealand and they are at the back peoples garages..it because if people are going to pay a few grand for a bike they want somthing italian..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Blata all the way. I have owned a Polini 50cc and an elite 13r & currently own a 13wrs it is way faster on the top end. The bike is a little smaller but turns better. Also I raced a 50cc GRC with same gearing 7,70 and totally killed it on top end.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I love my blata 13WRS it's very fast and takes the cures very well . It is a little tight seating posion but whats not @6'3" and 212 lbs.Also the new vee rubbers made the bike feel and respond freaken awsome.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.