Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Madkickz
Dr.Fer has a Blata elite 13 for sale that is 39cc's and 10hp with a whole mess of new and used spare parts and new body for $1200 or so and were close in WA.

The ad is in the for sale/individual area.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks but im in omrra....

NWminiMoto-M said:
Madkickz
Dr.Fer has a Blata elite 13 for sale that is 39cc's and 10hp with a whole mess of new and used spare parts and new body for $1200 or so and were close in WA.

The ad is in the for sale/individual area.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you are wanting a 4.2, call Dave Herring of Northwest Pocket bike or Chris Taylor of Smoking Pocket Bikes, either one of them should be able to get you hooked up with a 4.2 at the price that you are looking to spend.

Cheers,

Mario

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, I got my B1 cag running, need some minor adjustments, but I want to get out there and run it. If any one in Portland area wants to get together and enjoy what ever left of good weather let me know. At work we have big parking lot, and I take my bike there sometimes it's on Airport Way and around 160th.
or e-mail me to: [email protected]

·
Registered
21 Posts
scooter4n said:
ok, I got my B1 cag running, need some minor adjustments, but I want to get out there and run it. If any one in Portland area wants to get together and enjoy what ever left of good weather let me know. At work we have big parking lot, and I take my bike there sometimes it's on Airport Way and around 160th.
or e-mail me to: [email protected]
Just to let you know scooter...gresham/portland police will confiscate bikes if they see them running...which means you don't get them back since there isn't any proof of ownership (no titles)...better to only run at sanctioned races.....(was told this info by a customer of mine who drives tow truck, they have 8 bikes in their yard now)

jen and colton

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ColtonsMom said:
Just to let you know scooter...gresham/portland police will confiscate bikes if they see them running...which means you don't get them back since there isn't any proof of ownership (no titles)...better to only run at sanctioned races.....(was told this info by a customer of mine who drives tow truck, they have 8 bikes in their yard now)

jen and colton
nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
ColtonsMom said:

jen and colton
They can't confiscate squat legally, unless your riding on the street. They have no authority on private property unless the owner asks them to come. (Or they are witnessing a crime being committed. Riding is not a crime, unless is on the street) Even then they couldn't take your bike, only make you leave or, charge you with tresspassing if there is a no tresspassing sign and the owner wants to press charges. Chances are pretty remote for both. They don't issue titles for bicycles or scooters so the "proof of ownership" issue is moot. They are required to tag anything they take for id purposes. You are supposed to get a copy of the impound document that you show when you go pick up the vehicle. Granted, I'm up here in WA, but oregon law ain't that different.

Sounds like someone SERIOUSLY needs to take these nazi's to court.
I hate it when people give the cops freedom to trample thier rights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
roomtemp said:
They can't confiscate squat legally, unless your riding on the street. They have no authority on private property unless the owner asks them to come. (Or they are witnessing a crime being committed. Riding is not a crime, unless is on the street) Even then they couldn't take your bike, only make you leave or, charge you with tresspassing if there is a no tresspassing sign and the owner wants to press charges. Chances are pretty remote for both. They don't issue titles for bicycles or scooters so the "proof of ownership" issue is moot. They are required to tag anything they take for id purposes. You are supposed to get a copy of the impound document that you show when you go pick up the vehicle. Granted, I'm up here in WA, but oregon law ain't that different.

Sounds like someone SERIOUSLY needs to take these nazi's to court.
I hate it when people give the cops freedom to trample thier rights.
I totally agree with you....but here in gresham....there is a HUGE problem with people riding bikes on the road...which in my opinion is not only stupid, but dangerous....my son only rides on a closed course...Sooooo...being the devils advocate, I see the point of the police...whether or not they are handling it appropriatly is debatable.....There are just many opportunities to ride where its safe....just might cost some $$ (which seems to be the issue with some)

jen and colton

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ColtonsMom said:
I totally agree with you....but here in gresham....there is a HUGE problem with people riding bikes on the road...which in my opinion is not only stupid, but dangerous....my son only rides on a closed course...Sooooo...being the devils advocate, I see the point of the police...whether or not they are handling it appropriatly is debatable.....There are just many opportunities to ride where its safe....just might cost some $$ (which seems to be the issue with some)

jen and colton
so, where do you ride?

·
Registered
21 Posts
scooter4n said:
so, where do you ride?
My son rides at all OMRRA races (PIR, McMinnville, and Pat's Acres) and we also know the owner of a vacant building with a HUGE parking lot, so we've set up a cone track there, and we've also held practices out in McMinnville when they've had an open track....I just don't encourage anyone to run around their neighborhood or anything like that....oh yeah...I can't forget he's ridden in Florida and leaving for VEGAS today!!

jen and colton

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ColtonsMom said:
My son rides at all OMRRA races (PIR, McMinnville, and Pat's Acres) and we also know the owner of a vacant building with a HUGE parking lot, so we've set up a cone track there, and we've also held practices out in McMinnville when they've had an open track....I just don't encourage anyone to run around their neighborhood or anything like that....oh yeah...I can't forget he's ridden in Florida and leaving for VEGAS today!!

jen and colton
Sounds good, maybe we can get together sometimes, and I can get some pointers from you.
Owners of my company don't have any problems with me riding around, they even asking me to bring bike sometimes, so they can have little fun on lunch time, he he

·
Registered
21 Posts
scooter4n said:
Sounds good, maybe we can get together sometimes, and I can get some pointers from you.
Owners of my company don't have any problems with me riding around, they even asking me to bring bike sometimes, so they can have little fun on lunch time, he he
When we utilize the parking lot, we set up a cone track so the kids are safe ( and they practice for PIR). I just see where the possibility to get hurt is greater when there isn't any separation from general traffic and the bikes. (just my 2cents)
As a group, we are more than happy to have new-comers to the sport join up for practice though. Just have to have the gear and you are more than welcome!!

jen and colton

·
Registered
175 Posts
ColtonsMom said:

jen and colton
Yes, your right. Cost and time are the main issues for me. Thats what started me into pb's in the first place. I want something cheap I can throw a few of into the back of the truck, hit a parking lot, and have a great time burning up a bucks worth of gas with some buddies. I want it cheap, and close. No driving across the country, entry fees, race supplies, etc, for me. I have no desire to turn "pro" (too old, and probably too big anyway). Its all about some good clean cheap fun for me.

We have only been asked to leave from one parking lot so far. (school parking lot way after hours) This was after the security guard watched us awhile and said it was ok, but one the teachers had an attitude so we agreed to leave quickly and politely.

Its been my experience so far that if you pick an empty parking lot where your obviously not endangering anybody or destroying property and are wearing helmet, gloves, and pads, folks pretty much let you be. The noise is the biggest complaint about pb's so don't ride too close to residential area's and you limit the problems almost entirely.

Getting permission for an area can be tough because people are so litigeous (sp?= sue happy) nowadays that the owner is usually scared of being sued. Making a waiver up freeing them from ALL responsibility sometimes helps. Get permission if ya can. If you didn't and they ask you to leave, leave. Don't be a richard cranium, thank them, apologize for any offense, and make a hasty exit.

We have never had a cop hassle us in a parking lot yet. Though several have watched us for a few minutes on different occasions. One time we packed it in a little early because we were actually slowing traffic on the main road next to the parking lot we were in. Almost every car was slowing way down to check us out as they went by and the people entering on the cross street were stopping at the intersection for minutes at a time to watch. Oops!, not really our fault. But we decided we didn't want to see a rear ender on our account, so we bailed.

So if your gonna be an elcheapo parking lot hack (thats me!). You gotta be nice. Be cool. And be ready to leave if asked.

Aww darn, its sunday, no church parking lots today... Industrial park anyone?... ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts