Pocketbike Forum banner

will i ever get to 40 mph on my razor?

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well yesturday i orderd (2) 12v 7ah batts.......so today i made a batterey mount so i would be ready for them!.... i really like how it turn out for no welding at all:D its really strong too. i will be going 36v using the 2 new ones and one of my older ones....... i still need a mx650 control wich i hope to buy soon

wcu_monster/razor-mod - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
today i rode it around the neiborhood with one of my battereys on my new mount..... its starting to get dark way sooner this time of year:( ....it was peaceful.... the sky was dark and all you could hear was the sound of the wind blowing the leaves. i was able to do some wheelies with the extra weight on the back....... plus i have 11/65 gear ratios wich are nice for them.the bike feels different now thoght just riding down the street. i like it though:)

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
today i got the battereys:D i just got some more money today to buy a controler........ i will end up buying a 36v 40amp control someday..but for now untill i get a new motor i just bought the mx500 control to see how it works....... im really tired tonight so ill take care of it tomorow..... the battereys didnt come with the wires so ill have to run down to ACE harware and buy some wire and connectors then soder them on the battereys...... does anyone know if the stock control will handle the 36v for now untill the controll gets to my door? im kinda excited to try it

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im having a really hard time geting pics on here becuse of the file sizes........ but i got the control
yesturday(friday) and made all of my new batterey wires..... then run it late tonight........ i hit a big amount of speed then normal it felt like... i dont have a speedomotor yet... but im sure it was around 23 mph........ im really probly going to change the gears ratios back to the stock 55teeth then a 15 for the motor..... i hate the feeling of not accl fast but oh well

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am in the middle of a project myself. I have been reading about all of the upgrades people are doing. Where can one buy these up graded parts. The only thing I have bought so far is the XP-700 motor and controller. It seem I need a better controller to get to the magic number of 30mph. Let me know

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
blackeagle you have a xp-700? or a razor?

i put my mongoose up on ebay so i can get som more money for sum sprockets and other stuff.
today i rode it im really satisfied with my new batteries they last really long... i rode it for a 1.5 hours on full speed with only 7ah cells!!.......i was even doing some wheelies and knee draging most the time!! long live power patrol batteries lol

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tonight my dad and i went to the cemitary with my bike.... it was so dark i nearly almost hit a grave stone a few times lol....and my hands are were so cold and i rode for a while.... i should really think about geting some gloves.... it has way smoother paths then around my house.... i also ordered a speedometer today:D its coming from hong kong though so it should take awhile..... but yea this is the one i got

Bicycle Bike Cycle LCD Computer Odometer Speedometer - eBay (item 260318026611 end time Dec-18-08 09:29:45 PST)

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow..... well i still cant get picss on here:( but anyway i took apart my whole razor yesturday and wash, then paintiedmy frame red today... i thought red would be a cool frame color and not that much people have a red frame..... also i will be puting my 55 tooth sprocket back on in a lil... hopefully i find a way to get pics up tonight

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i finally bought a 36v charger today :D

eBay Motors: 36 Volt 1.8A Battery Charger Electric Scooter Bike 36V (item 370115695988 end time Nov-29-08 13:01:18 PST)

just finish put my bike together today...... about to go ride it.... i noticed my drum brake is doing terrible! when i was puting my back wheel back on i notice the pad is starting to chip and i had to glue a piece back on....and is basically down to the nails that hold it in there... i might really need one with my new speeds... though brake drums are cheesey i was thinking of puting a bigger brake drum on it so there would be more surface area to stop wich should make it better i just need to get a better quality brake drum......... the frame looks super when you put everything on it

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finally! it will let me post pics but the files sizes have to be so low thats it makes the pics look like crap and it took forever to load but yea today i switched the sprocket back to the 55tooth and will be riding it again

heres a updated pic of my bike

Attachments

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:Dwell im really loving the new 36v setup
my rear tire has like no thread wat so ever ( burnouts are crazing now) lol
so i will being ordering one and also soon to be geting a disk brake set up................ i wasnt to happy when i rode the 55 tooth sprocket again cuz i was so custom to the 65 also the motor starts to get reaaly hot at times and starts to smell a lil smoky but is doing good so i willing be putingthe 65 sprocket back on tonight to also help get the bike going faster wich should release some stress on the motor............ cuz i want it to last a while for now......... and also i got my speedo hooked up tonight nd will be runing it with it tomorow(essacialy sence i have more time on the weekends) to see my top speed

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heres pics of the speedo it was confusing to set up but i got it and the senor barley dosnt hit the tire but i think its pefect i had to take the screw out of the magnet then used some good old shoe goo to glue it on the rim and i wana make sure it stays there good so i will let it dry for 24 hrs

oh yea also i pic of my control that i forgot to post a pic of before

Attachments

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well according to my speedo my top speed i hit today was 18.6mph with the 65tooth sprocket....... the accl is super nice with the speed the bike is pefect for a electric cuz of the decent amount of speed and accl run times are now only about 40 mins but i get a good distance with it...... im also will be leaving the 11/65 gearing for now...... in a few weeks i will be geting another power patrol batterey to replace my older one cuz i only got 2 new ones before and my old batterey im using for the moment is almost completly drained and its most likely holding the 2 new ones back from there full power.........then if all were new it could help with power and run time

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well the past few days ive been runing 45volts for short periods of time using a 9 volt r/c car batterey and made my own plus 5 kit lol i hit 23mph and 24.5 is the max going down somewat of a hill(not very steep) my bike is really geting up there when i rid it though....... i also ordered a whole new rear wheel assembly oh yea and got my brand new power patrol batterie yesturday so now all 3 battereiys are brand spanking new!! in about 2 weeks i will be geting a disk brake and also welding a perment bracket on the rear of the bike for the batterey instead of the sheet metal im using for it rite now

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well........ its winter time.... it also snowed for the first time yesturday and i will be holding off the project for a few months............. during this time though will be a great time for doing all the welds and seting up the frame for the 48v setup when i get a hold of my friends welder. and wll be saving up money. then when spring comes along i will be working on it some more and seting the 48v setup. i do belive the control will be the key to having a perfect 48vset up so it not going to be no chezzy 50amp contro from tnc
anyways i will enjoy the snow untill then

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i got my new rear tire in the mail..... its just a rear wheel assembly
but i was kinda mad cuz they sent me the wrong one
...this was the one i ordered
3.00-4 Rear Wheel Assembly with #25 Chain Sprocket#
now wat i got was a strange looking tire that had super small bearings that stuck out way farther, the free hub sounded all rattlely and like crap, and the rims didnt even match one was like complete sliver then the other was cheap greyone, then i took the rim apart(in half) and the spacer was completely used as you would easy seen.
seriously the spacer was completely rusted!!
i honestly think the only thing good was the tire it self
so i complained they said i would have to pay for shipping($12)to get it back to them and they would send me a new one that would aslo have to pay to shipped so i said srew it...

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well ima save the new tire for spring though but right now ive decided to do something no one has ever done..... im going to mess aroud with my old tire and try to put studds in it
i know gassers have done this but ive never heard of a electric pocket having studds or even riding in snow for that matter the main thing to get done is making the bike *snow prof * then the traction.....
this experment might fail but i have never added studds to any tire before and if it does it wont really matter cuz the tube and tire are tosted!

1 - 20 of 116 Posts