Pocketbike Forum banner

will i ever get to 40 mph on my razor?

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Do you think this would ever work putting two motors on a pocket bike with one motor with a small spocket and one with a big spocket both on the same chain and sprocket but different controllers and throttle and be like let the low end motor take off quick and then you can gas the high end motor that can't start off on it's own and have a rediculeus fast bike that had alot of get up and go and had alot of high end speed! ((((((((((how isyour bike coming along))))))))))))))???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
yeah that would be insane.... pretty good idea really but alout of work i bet.....
:Di will be finially buying a 36v 1000watt motor and another batterie along with some other little stuff tomorrow. yay!
then in a lil while i'll will get a 100amp kelly controller for $100. untill then i will use the mx600 control with my new motor and 48volts:)
so i should be done at the end of march

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
i ordered a 36v 1000watt motor, another batterie, and a 48v 2.5amp charger long with a new longer rear axle today:)
tomorrow i plan to buy some primer for the frame just to keep it from geting rusty and trashed untill i paint it...wich will probly be green.. but then i havent decided yet... i was thinking mabye a light bule.
but basically all i can do now is just wait for the parts

R

·
0 Posts
Look,

1000watt 36volt motor(at 60volts it will spin at 7000rpm)
60volts of 7ah batteris
and a 50-100amp controller
gear it with a 9/80tooth gear set and it will top out over 40 mph
my PR200 did 39.8mph at just 48volts! it is easy if you have skills and do the math

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
thanks for the info rootbeer i will need to figure out a good gear ratio (i dont know about doing all the math on gears) maybe you could help me geting a good gear ratio for me:) i will try the 9/80

i got the parts yestuday/ 36v 1000watt motor/all the batts i need and one of those fan cooled chargers (48v 2.5amp)

tomoorw i need to get some more female connectors and flux to wire up all the batteries and do alout of cuting on the frame and stuff... theres just alou of lilttle things i need to get tomorow

heres pics of my new stuff and all the batteries on the frame

Attachments

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
i had a electric shock yestuarday through my arm and have a electric burn on my wrist:(...................
i cut the stock motor plate off the frame and also the stock controller mount off the frame.....i cut out the plate for the new motor and welded it to the frame also i made a batterey plate to hold 3 batteries up on the front of the bike out of sheet metal.....and i finished wiring everything....
but i was gunna prime the frame today so i was adjusting my batterey mount before i was gunna paint the frame and i didnt inslate the batterey terminals so i had 36v hit up againt the frame as i was squezzing the batteries through it....you get the point......anyway my right hand feels like chit and i went to the doctor and everything should be fine.. i should hopefully be able to paint the frame tomorow and get everything hooked up

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry about your arm, "the burt hand teaches best"
the sprocket that came with your motor, is it a #25 or different???
It looks like maybe #35 or better.
CD

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
i ordered a 16t sprocket for the motor............. and i really wished i would of order it sonner but thats basicaaly all i need

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
ummmm... well the bike was $220 back in 2005 when i got it....... then $100 for the motor..... all new battereys(4 total)and a 48v charger all off of ebay for about $80 and im using a $30 controller for the moment...... i also spent $50 for the disc brake and another $50 for metals and other misc. parts

so a lil more then $300 not including buying the bike itself.....(yeah its expensive)

i cant use the sprocket it came with the new motor because its a #35 and i cant use my old sprocket becuase its not a dual-d-bore its just a d-bore so it wont fit on the shaft of the new motor..........

i should of ordered it a week before but i forgot untill i got the motor:(

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
im really ****ed........... well i got the 16t spocket yesturday and everything is fine and dandy and finely had everything i needed and ready to go for the first 48v ride...................... im still using a mx500 control....... but anyway i also got a little 30amp 3 terminal toggle switch just temp for $5 cuz my on/off switch was really tripping so i also hooked that up but then once i turned it on the control puffed in smoke instanly..... =( i already had everthing hooked up before and was workin so im guessing the wires were just wrong

·
Registered
50 Posts
What?????????????
Dont use the on and off control.
the yk42 controller for $40
from tnc will make the mx500 controller
look like vacation bible school!
GoodLuck

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
i took apart the control and it really not fixible becuase of all the stuff they dip it in so you can really replace the parts...... so i thought hey i still got the 24v controll so i tryed that with 36v and switched the power line with the ground and it worked with the on/off switch:) so i took it out for a spin with just 36volts of batts, 29amp control and instead of the old motor i had the 3000rpm motor:D. then also instead of the 11/55 gears i had 16/65 gears so it was a difference. i was really happy to ride it again and acording to my speedometer i hit 23mph. yay lol.... so that whole night i really wanted to ride it at 48v... so today i was really tempted to hook up the 48v and see if the 24v controller would handle it. and guess what lol it puffed in smoke and blew up one of the capasitaters in it.... so basicaly i just need to get some money for a new controll

oh ya i also got a new speedometer. i think you would be insterested in how i hooked up the magent to the wheel.... i really got tired of guleing it and bs so took apart the front rim then drilled a hole through each side of 1 half of the rim then stuck a bycyle spoke through it and bent it over on the inside of the rim then i was able to attach the magent to the spoke;)

61 - 80 of 116 Posts