Pocketbike Forum banner

will i ever get to 40 mph on my razor?

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
a few days ago i picked up a new 30amp controller from a friend
but it had a 5 wire connector for the throttle and i have a 4 wire throttle.
so after about 2 days talking to some people i found a way to hook it up and it worked but when i ever i turn it on the 3rd wire from the charging port keeps frying for some reason so i just rewired the charging port with 12ga wire and removed the 3rd wire completely hoping this will sovle my problem.... but im still doing some research and figuring some more stuff out before i hook everything up and try it...
might be riding it this week end
hopefully get a video

·
Registered
15 Posts
if its not too much could you pm me everything EVERYTHING besides the frame that you need to build one of these(im not gonna rip your idea just need an idea of inventory)

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
you wana biuld one? a lot of home made electric vechicals are just pretty much thrown together. there quite easy and its the best way to learn about them...
but if u wana ask something go ahead

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
im geting a lil frustrated with my stupied controller
i hooked everything up and everything is fine i flip on the on/off switch and atlease nothing is smoken now.. but when i pull back on the throttle nothin happens..
ive checked everyting and its all good

man i just cant wait to get the kelly controller so i can stop playing around with all this bull and ride my toymarcelo
lol
i know this has taken a quite a long time... way longer then i expexted
but should be completely down at the end of may
im also gunna get some 45amp anderson powerpole connectors with all new 10ga that can handle over 300°F with the 100amp controller(40amp contuies)

·
Registered
50 Posts
make sure brakes cables are connecting to the brake connectors on the controller. or dont connect them
Also check the the lock connector and make sure its connected properly to your on/off switch or (connected to itself) <splice them togeather>marcelo
CD

p.s check every thing throttle wires fuses and re check!!!
What controller are you trying?
Cd

·
Registered
48 Posts
Heh, that's why I never mess with modifying the controller to make it fit your whatever-wire throttle.

Now this wonders me... how fast am I's going :eek:

Nice bike, wanna race? ;)

13 year old vs 17 year old... KIDS FTW :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
im thinking about the pr200. i have a question though. you welded things to the frame. if i were to ever want to extend the frame or add something..is there another way i can do it besides welding?

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)
yea, you dont have to weld... but its stronger

i supose you can use bolts.....

if you were to enetend the frame out you would just need to get the tube you want, cut it to size, drill a hole through watever your holding down, and put a bolt throught it to hold it in place........

you can also use sheet metal to cut and bend into things that dont reqire alot of stregth....

the batterie mount on my bike at first was made out of sheet metal then some bolts to hold it there

·
Registered
29 Posts
alright thanks. im 14 and dont know how to weld so i was just wondering if there was an alternative. i was thinking bolts but i just wanted a second opinion. thanks.

another thing. im like 5' and 100 pounds. will the pr200 be comfortable?

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
yea, you dont have to weld... but its stronger

i supose you can use bolts.....

if you were to enetend the frame out you would just need to get the tube you want, cut it to size, drill a hole through watever your holding down, and put a bolt throught it to hold it in place........

you can also use sheet metal to cut and bend into things that dont reqire alot of stregth....

the batterie mount on my bike at first was made out of sheet metal then some bolts to hold it there

you can also always just use some good duck tape to hold up the cell on the rear of the bike:D

(duck tape and electrical tape is the only tape in my basement;))

·
Registered
48 Posts
alright thanks. im 14 and dont know how to weld so i was just wondering if there was an alternative. i was thinking bolts but i just wanted a second opinion. thanks.

another thing. im like 5' and 100 pounds. will the pr200 be comfortable?
Well that gives you a tip on what you're gonna need.

Angle grinders, bench grinder, cordless/corded drills, dremels, battery load tester, zip ties :)D), and last a welder :)

Welding will be the first skill you're ging to need if you want to do any modifications at all.

Go to your nearest Harbor Freight and find their 90A Flux Core Welder.

Personally have one, and it does great once you get used to it. If I can weld when I was 13, with only online forum posts as tips, then you can no doubt do it too ;)

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
you dont nessary NEED a welder....
you could make a 48v system without welding
i could have put the 7inch long motor without welding..............:p

this is pic is one of exons pr200's
as you can see there is NOT ONE WELD added to the stock frame!~ and its a 60v system;)

Attachments

81 - 100 of 116 Posts