Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
PSN: xR3Y-_-BeAsTx
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in Michigan and I can't figure out how to register my new Ninja x6. With my purchase I wasn't given a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin when I bought the bike from a local dealer. So I was informed by a member of Secretary of State that I would need the year, make, and VIN # to register the bike. There is no VIN number to be found on my bike and it's not listed on my receipt. What is on my reciept is the frame #, engine #, model (make), and engine size (49 cc, 2 stroke). Under Michigan Law, this pocket bike falls under the category as a moped and is street legal provided it is registered. If you have idea on how I can regisiter my bike please feel free to reply to this post because I'd like some help.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I'm pretty sure these bikes are actually not street legal, most all of the tires are marked, as well as a sticker that says "Off Road ONLY" that is not talking about Dirt, it means no paved "Open" road riding.

The Department Of Transportation, and the EPA enforces those "Silly" rules.

To register it would mean to "Trick" the state inspector! :eek:

Nick.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
plus x6s have a serious design flaw in the rear shock/swingarm area
the welds will break there, not safe for high speed really
only the super bikes stand any kind of chance of getting plated but if you look hard enough you will find a vin engraved somewhere on your bike, i forgot where tho

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I live in Michigan and I can't figure out how to register my new Ninja x6. With my purchase I wasn't given a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin when I bought the bike from a local dealer. So I was informed by a member of Secretary of State that I would need the year, make, and VIN # to register the bike. There is no VIN number to be found on my bike and it's not listed on my receipt. What is on my reciept is the frame #, engine #, model (make), and engine size (49 cc, 2 stroke). Under Michigan Law, this pocket bike falls under the category as a moped and is street legal provided it is registered. If you have idea on how I can regisiter my bike please feel free to reply to this post because I'd like some help.
Have you tried to register it as homemade?............Like blitz said that bike youre planning on doing isnt the greatest but not unheard of......theres a member named dragonkeep2000 whos fighting for our freedom that had an X1 resistered as a moped in Va....

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Have you tried to register it as homemade?............Like blitz said that bike youre planning on doing isnt the greatest but not unheard of......theres a member named dragonkeep2000 whos fighting for our freedom that had an X1 resistered as a moped in Va....
:thumbsup: :eek: :thumbsup: Your're Blow'in my mind right now Cam! I thought that was my secret trick!

Dang'it! marcelo

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I haven't tried registering it as homemade. I never knew I could. I'll give it a whirl at Secretary State once I bring my bike up to my State's moped requirements.

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
plus x6s have a serious design flaw in the rear shock/swingarm area
the welds will break there, not safe for high speed really
only the super bikes stand any kind of chance of getting plated but if you look hard enough you will find a vin engraved somewhere on your bike, i forgot where tho
Thanks Blitz. I didnt know the dangers of having an x6. On google there isn't really anything about x6's. Does the bike go by another name?

And I'll be sure to look closer for a VIN the next time time dissemble the body.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i had the 4 stroke version so yours may be different, ive never seen a 2T x6, they also look like the x8
my x6s had plastic chrome pieces all over it and i think it was under one of them

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts