Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
1. I was changing my son's Razor MX500 front and back calipers. After replacing both calipers, they started rubbing against the rotor and now the wheels are not rotating smoothly.

2. The Rear Brake assembly got damaged and I got lever with wire, but I couldn't find any youtube video on how to put the new brake assembly. any idea, let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you replace the calipers because the brakes pads weren't working? Are the new calipers Razor or aftermarket? There are 2 different width rotors on Razors, so if you bought the wrong size caliper/pads the wheels won't spin right. I've had a bunch of these and they never need calipers, just brake adjustment. You can probably put the old ones back on and just adjust the brakes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,
1. I was changing my son's Razor MX500 front and back calipers. After replacing both calipers, they started rubbing against the rotor and now the wheels are not rotating smoothly.

2. The Rear Brake assembly got damaged and I got lever with wire, but I couldn't find any youtube video on how to put the new brake assembly. any idea, let me know.
Also you said there was damage, make sure that the rotors are not out of round. That will also contribute to rubbing. There are adjustments to move caliper and pads around. But like previously stated there are two different sizes. Check on electric scooter parts dot com. They have good information on there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you replace the calipers because the brakes pads weren't working? Are the new calipers Razor or aftermarket? There are 2 different width rotors on Razors, so if you bought the wrong size caliper/pads the wheels won't spin right. I've had a bunch of these and they never need calipers, just brake adjustment. You can probably put the old ones back on and just adjust the brakes.

Thanks for response. I purchased after market brake calipers from ebay. They were marked as MX500 calipers and so I purchased. When installing them, I found they were thick and rubbing against the rotors. Now I have to purchased brake pads so that I can use the existing company calipers.

One More Question:
The brake cables were too loose. I have loosen bolt in caliper and tried to pull the brake cable as mentioned in the youtube video and fixed it, but when I press the brake lever, its again too loose. Any idea what should be done? The brake is not functioning properly.

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
I would contact razor to get the proper calipers pads and a new brake cable...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, try the pads first, theeeeen adjust.
Razor has terrible customer service. Dont waste your time there. The site I previously mentioned has great info and you don't need to contact them either. It will most likely take a lot of small adjustments to get your desired outcome. Been there a few times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts