80 Posts
look at my profile, i have one pic...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gracias.

Killjoy are those custom brackets.

Does everyone still think that this is the best pipe on the market right now?

·
Registered
80 Posts
i love the pipe, wouldnt get anything else...however it is really loud! I notice for long cruises I have to find the sweet spot where its quiet and stick at that RPM.

·
Registered
24 Posts
blue rocket said:
i love the pipe, wouldnt get anything else...however it is really loud! I notice for long cruises I have to find the sweet spot where its quiet and stick at that RPM.
Two questions: What are some sources for getting a proline pipe? I've been searching and can't find much. Also, what type of area do you live in that you can go on long cruises? Are you in a residential or out of town spot? You're lucky because it seems they're cracking down on these bikes. I've just been trying to come up with ideas of places to go and ride. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
866 Posts
i dont have a proline, but i love my pipe...

its good, and quiet...

i would go with the proline tho, its more reliable i think... and alotta ppl are really satisfied with them...

so judging by how many ppl have a proline, go get 1, plus they look good!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kirk is who sells them. Since this site took a dump, I don't know his phone number.

The bracket comes with the pipe. The bottom picture is the correct mounting position. The pipe sticks out the side of the back faring about an inch or two.

Yes, the pipe is loud, but id sounds a ton better than the stock. You can certainly tell when you hit the pipe's sweet spot.

I am not disapointed I got it. Hopefully Kirk will get on here soon...

KillJoy

·
Registered
12 Posts
calvin71x said:
Two questions: What are some sources for getting a proline pipe? I've been searching and can't find much. Thanks for the input.
I have Kirk at Proline's number but I am not sure if he wants me posting it. PM me if you are interested and I will give you his number.

·
Registered
10 Posts
nelly said:
I have Kirk at Proline's number but I am not sure if he wants me posting it. PM me if you are interested and I will give you his number.
hey nelly pm me his # i have his # saved here but i lost it... thanx

·
Registered
80 Posts
kirk's back! whaddup beeeyotch!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Proline-Racing said:
Turnin' it out!

Man, what a trip this has been with PBP gettin' hacked. It gave me a good reason to change my name.
Turinig it out is right up to the note of 10,800 RPMs out of a stock engine with only air filter/stack and some massaging of all the along with a little piston window. This pipe is for me and all of the HARDCORE two stroke enthusiast for it sounds like a true KX65 and thats way cool! Thanks Again Kirk!!!!!!!
Troy

·
Registered
561 Posts
moto-x-troy said:
Turinig it out is right up to the note of 10,800 RPMs out of a stock engine with only air filter/stack and some massaging of all the ports along with a little piston window. This pipe is for me and all of the HARDCORE two stroke enthusiast for it sounds like a true KX65 and thats way cool! Thanks Again Kirk!!!!!!!
Troy
I left out ports. For those of you who noticed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
moto-x-troy said:
Turinig it out is right up to the note of 10,800 RPMs out of a stock engine with only air filter/stack and some massaging of all the along with a little piston window. This pipe is for me and all of the HARDCORE two stroke enthusiast for it sounds like a true KX65 and thats way cool! Thanks Again Kirk!!!!!!!
Troy
No problem,
you've been great to work with and talk to! Your reed valve box went out, you should see them any day now!!!! Oh BTW, that's some serious RPM's man!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Proline-Racing said:
No problem,
you've been great to work with and talk to! Your reed valve box went out, you should see them any day now!!!! Oh BTW, that's some serious RPM's man!
Hye Kirk we clocked it next to my Aprilia SR 50 DiTech moped which is top notch and the speedo was reading 43-44 mph when I stopped for the stop sign. Damn stop signs! LOL . I have my X1 licensed as a moped so its legal to drive on the streets for anyone who is against this type of riding. Any how I am trying a 54 tooth(more bottom end) which will put me up in the rpms and hopefully in the peak hp band. I think this will pull more top speed at the higher Rs. I have a tach hooked up and at 44 mph it was only at 7,800 RPMs and pulling. So I think we will be in the high 40's mid 50's before I am done. Remember I only have a pipe and filter/stack on this bike so there are many more upgrades availible but they all cost money. Most of this is in tunning and porting and of course the meat of it all the PIPE! SWEET Huh!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts