Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first pocket bike and its a project for my little brother. I know very limited knowledge but i needed a hobby since i live in the middle of nowhere. Okay, I am just going to say what i can about the problem and hopefully go from there.

The bike will not start nor will it run if the choke is on. The pull start cord melted into the case around it and the handle fell off of the string when I started it and rode it for aprox. 15minutes. The electronics such as horn, lights, speedometer, etc. do not work. I found what looks like a break in the speedometer cable. The piston seems to be in good shape as well as most of the engine. I say most because when I took the starter cord mechanism off, there was what seemed to be a coil of copper wire and some of the strands seemed to be hanging loose (not coiled with the rest of it and not connected to anything) i was wondering what this ring of coiled wires was and if that would cause the wire to melt. I put a new mixture of gas into it and it shouldn't be running that hot. I AM kind of clueless but I know how to handle gas and oil 2-cycle oil mixtures.

Another thing: The guy i got it from said that he bypassed the fuse and i assumed that, or the battery being dead, was why i couldn't use the electric starter.

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated. Thank you.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
You can start by posting pics of the type of bike you have aswell as pics of the damage....................

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Looks like an X1 or X2 with a 43 or 49cc Zenoah copy eng.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if you can see the first picture too well but it seems like some of the wires are frayed and i don't know if its supposed to be like that or not. Also, would a dead batter potentially cause the electrical parts to not work? they worked for a few minutes (only while the bike was running or plugged into an outlet) but then stopped. I really don't know anything about motors but i am DYING to learn and these little devils are starting to get REALLY interesting to me.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
It looks like the starter/generator combo went on fire like what happened to one of mine.................

The only things you can do is either spend $50 bux on a new one then have to buy a battery for another $50 or you can remove all the wiring and the e-starter and simply pullstart it...............My x1's/x2's start up in 3-5 pulls virtually everytime.................

Heres a thread on how to remove it.....................

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=58861

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you so much. i'll buy new parts for it and probably get another one when this one starts working. so i'll probably be back... Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts