Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wondering how much force it should take to pull the pull start. I'm not to strong I only weigh 140 pounds but I have to put all my force in for the pull start to have a fluent sound (If I don't go as hard as possible it make like 5 separate sounds).
I'm just curious is this an issue with my bike or is every bike like this (when I pull it the bike will go in the air a bit)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had this 50cc bike & I got it to start with a quick jerk & only 1/2 pull to start. Perhaps it is having some sort of resistance in the drivetrain ? Try raising rear of bike somehow when starting. Is your pullcord assembly put together correctly ? If the plug was out it should pull effortlessly

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
You must have some serious compression on that bike, or something is dragging, like the coil dragging on the flywheel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks spy guy, I took my bike completely apart to see the problem and it just has some serious compression lol. I hope this isn't a huge problem though.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
No, shouldn't be. Only problem night be your arm gets tired faster from pulling .... :D Btw, only do 3/4 pulls, not "full" pulls (snapping the cord all the way out to the end). "Full" pulls will break the pullstarter. You may also want to put one knee on the seat when pulling.

The Re-Cycle (second link in my signature) has fairly high compression, too, so I usually manage to lift the bike offf the ground when I'm pulling. Then again, it's about eight inches shorter than a standard bike, so ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts