Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this idea from swheels who just mounted PZ16mm on his X7 project racing bike, and I had this extra PZ19, which I though was to big.
I found a 3/4" barbed water hose fitting cut a piece off and ground it down to fit in the rear of the carb to sleeve it's bore size down.
I had a $16 billet intake for a GS 40 at Dave's motors that I modded to fit my 49cc Piston Port scooter engine to run a Walbro WT-813 carb w/ boost fitting. So, I had a few scrap pieces of 1/4" alum from the Lucky 7 4" rear arm section extension I am working on.
I drilled M5 and countersunk the holes to use countersunk screws so I could bolt the plate to the billet manifold and then mount the carb to it.
I drilled M6 holes on the end to mount the carb to the unit. The billet intake is 16mm, andeverthing is smooth all the way thru. Can't wait to try it on my Red Head Hot Rod alloy head engine.
Going to take the 19mm Walbro HDA223 purge carb off the Red engine and put this 19/17/16mm carb on.
The HDA223 is going on my F1 49cc Cag, Billet cases engine.
I always read what swheels has to say, cause he knows what he is talking about, and I always learn something. Thanks for the inspiration.

Attachments

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Swheel's X7 is one sweet bike. You should see in person. Ive learned tons of stuff from him.

That setup is looking good EPR. Keep us posted once you get on the motor.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Putting it on the engine today will post photos later. The adapter is so simple, and I made it by hand with a center punch & hammer, 2 hand drills, dremel, files, and sandpaper. Most Walbros have a 31mm center on the 5mm bolts and 48mm on the M6 bolts. That allows you to drill walbro holes inside the PZ19/17 mount holes. The best part is the adaptor will bolt from 16 to 19mm Walbro intake manifold and maybe 13mms to not sure. You can also taper the hole in the adaptor and put PZ22 to 25mm carb on.
The Walbro mount holes are countersunk and need Yamabond on the screw heads to seal on the rubber O ring on the back of the carb. Not sure if I will need a plastic isolator on the carb.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the carb mounted on the Red Head engine, with it's partner the Fatty Big Belly pipe. I had to grind the edges of the adaptor to fit around the engine cover, but it all looks good. This engine is supposed to go in my 3 wheel side car racer, somewhere down the road. Will test it on the engine stand in March or so.

Attachments

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Sweet engine! I really like that setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.