Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has a 47cc cag and rides it whenever he gets a chance, he has started complaining about the rough ride because where he rides is all grass and no pavement, that's a given because of no suspension which I explained to him. Question is does anybody else here ride a cag on rough terrain and if you do are you constantly having to weld the frame, upper engine mount and exhaust mount back together? It's getting to be a pain to weld something on it before he gets to ride every other time. Bout to build a bigger bike with suspension and give to him.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Dude I thrash all my bikes and have to rebuild them every once in a while and its not only cags,,,,,

For the upper engine mount you need to make a stiffer one out of two pieces of angle iron and add supports to stiffen the engine plate.............

So far on my trophy cag I had to replace the upper engine mount make stiffer clamps for the bars,,,make a new muffler end mount and even make a new seat hoop.............

Swap the X9 engine/trans over to the other DR9 you have and give him that to ride..............

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I am gonna try and work on getting the cat eye going for him since it sits a little lower to the ground than the x9.
I might just pm all my questions to you lol you seem to be the pocket bike guru :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now what if I wanted to take the 47 off the cag and put on a bigger one? Would the transmission for the 49 go on it? Could be a dumb question but I'm not home to look at it

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Now what if I wanted to take the 47 off the cag and put on a bigger one? Would the transmission for the 49 go on it? Could be a dumb question but I'm not home to look at it
Yeah but the engine would have to be mounted backwards like this and if the barrel gets mounted 180 degrees around itll be alot easier to hook up an exhaust too but can be done with the barrel in the stock position aswell........................

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think one of my next projects is building a dang bench in my garage... been working on these bikes on the floor.. it sucks

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I think one of my next projects is building a dang bench in my garage... been working on these bikes on the floor.. it sucks
Indeed,,a bench does wonders...atleast you have a garage...I work in my basement,,backyard and my hobby room at home...i have a warehouse too but its too far from my house and all my stuffs here and if i bring it there ill be left with nada to do....LOL.............LOL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya, ive got a 2 1/2 car garage with a car on one side and my Harley, 4 wheeler, and all the mini bikes and tools on the other side. Just no work bench...yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts