Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing pocketbikesunlimited and saw their "Hitman Big Block" and it said how it increased top speed and throttle response. I would like faster speed and response on my stock x18, but I thought I heard somewhere that there is a cheaper one on ebay but didn't know what to search to find it. What is the product on ebay called that does the same thing but is much cheaper? Would the "Hitman Big Block" increase my bikes top speed and throttle response if it is all stock except for a new air filter? And would it hurt the engine? Thanks guys!

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Um not really it may improve throttle response a little bit but def won't make your bike faster if you want it faster that honestly the best thing to do is get a 22mm carb that was like night and day for me with just that carb and the only other mod was a cdi I was hitting 50 easy with stock gearing 17t front sprocket 38t rear sprocket and with all my mods
Cdi
22mm carb
Supercoil
Ported and polished intake and head
Bigger exhaust
I will def make it past 60 no prob still with stock gearing I have yet to max it out but I've gotten it up to 58.4 mph so far and I know it will do more I was gonna take it out this weekend but it looks like rain until Thursday now

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I was browsing pocketbikesunlimited and saw their "Hitman Big Block" and it said how it increased top speed and throttle response. I would like faster speed and response on my stock x18, but I thought I heard somewhere that there is a cheaper one on ebay but didn't know what to search to find it. What is the product on ebay called that does the same thing but is much cheaper? Would the "Hitman Big Block" increase my bikes top speed and throttle response if it is all stock except for a new air filter? And would it hurt the engine? Thanks guys!
The cheaper counterpart thats the same except for the price is on ebay for 12 bucks shipped......

The best way to increase throttle response and such would be to upgrade/mod alot of stuff...

increase fuel system supply to 1/4' including fuel filter

mod gastank output to a true 1/4"...I go 5/16" with a brass fitting

get a NGK sparkplug CR7HSA,,make sure its gapped between .023"-.027"

mod the carburetor a bit by doing the float restrictor tab removal mod,,,atomizer tube mod and rejet the carb to 78 unless you do the stage 5 exhaust mod and add a supercoil then youll need an 83 mainjet and adjust the c-clip on the barrelslider needle 1 notch richer....set the float on the rich side and the a/f screw to 2 1/2 turns out

mod the exhaust by removing baffles and chokeplates then shortening the body and adding a perforated tube internally to get the flow straight out with a tad bit of noise supression.....

do the headbreather mod

do the hp sparkwire mod

wrap the exhaust pipe with hedder heatwrap...this will keep the exhaust gasses hot enough to flow out of the bike quickly instead of cooling and the dense air slowing flow

get the 12 buck racing CDI

get a foam airfilter

make a homemade velocity stack

re-adjust the valves

change the oil

After you get the basic mods out of the way your bike will have a newfound powerband giving ability to pull a 28 tooth rear sprocket for higher topend speeds efficiently......Good Luck

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I was looking for a rear sprocket but didn't know which one to get. I would like a 38 or higher tooth but what kind and where should I get it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts