Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
26cc Straight Shaft, 2-cycle, weed eater engine.
Will this type of weeder be able to be used as an engine if it has a converted sprocket & mount?

Please lemme know your insight:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Will this type of weeder be able to be used as an engine if it has a converted sprocket & mount?

With rigging it might, but you would need like 2 - 4 of them for it to be any fun!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have A teeny electric pocket bike frame its super teeny I might put this or my 33cc Engine on it.
It will just be a fun lil toy to take around the parking lot lol.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts

The engine has to have a clutch......If it has a clutch then theres a way to attach a sprocket..............Id use a jackshaft setup to gear it to a 10:1 drive ratio to avoid any engine lag..

I used a Sears 35cc weedeater engine on this project..The #35 chain 10 tooth sprocket went on with minimal mods

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow pretty sweet.
so when can you tell by looking at the engines "shaft" lol whether or not it has a clutch? Just curious?

My 33cc is this model

Heres the frame it was on:

With a Regular sized Chain & Sprocket.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Wow pretty sweet.
so when can you tell by looking at the engines "shaft" lol whether or not it has a clutch? Just curious?
In the snout of the weedeater where it clamps onto the shaft theres a removeable cover,,,under that cover is either a clutch or a shaft nub

A better way would be to spin the spool...If it spins free;-it has a clutch.....If not/-

Thats a pretty nice looking Mini Harley and theyre 43cc...........Mine didnt look that good before I started this project...............

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
CAM2, do you have a picture of the other side of the bike? I'd like to see how you hooked up the chain, please.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
The chain spins so dang fast, it turns a prop, and like an airplane that thing will fly away!

Wait, Cam Wants it to do 100mph, that alone is enough to hit 88mph! 1.21 gigawatts!!!!! :p:thumbsup:

ps

We all know how much Cam hates Jack-Shafts, So I don't think he will be going that route!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
If you look you can see there is no chain to the rear wheel. Geeezzz I excected more from a spyguy than that!!!!

In the pic theres no chain to the rearwheel because that pic was taken after the bike was stretched by my nephew and myself and the rearward chain is now between the two engines because I needed a longer one...........

Heres the way the bike was when I was riding it and before the pullstarter broke and before stretching it...........Clearly theres a chain in these pics........

Ill try to get pics up Spyguy of the other side later....Im busy setting up for the fourth and trying to squeeze some time in for the cags..............

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude cam you always amaze me haha I like the tires ou have on yours aswell as the extended swingarm. I dont have any welder expierance nor equip so my projects are always sumwhat limitied.
Are those mountain bike handlebars?
I love the biker pouch on the front to instead of the headlight deffinally copying that idea lol.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I dont have any welder expierance nor equip so my projects are always sumwhat limitied.
The Harbor freight welders do work, and we can make cool things using them, but they are dangerous
when not used correctly!

My welder was a gift from a friend, but $100 on a silly little welder, could save $$$$ in the long run!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
CAM2, do you have a picture of the other side of the bike? I'd like to see how you hooked up the chain, please.
Im not like Timmo and Misfit73,,,I have no problems showing how my drive sprockets are setup when asked....................lol

12 tooth to a 12 tooth outboard engine linkup sprockets

16 tooth freewheel sprocket to a 32 tooth rear rim sprocket for the final drive.....25 tooth rear sprocket coming soon

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Looks like a tire-burner to me, Nick ..... Nice job on the setup, CAM2, and thank you for the pictures.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Dude cam you always amaze me haha I like the tires ou have on yours aswell as the extended swingarm. I dont have any welder expierance nor equip so my projects are always sumwhat limitied.
Are those mountain bike handlebars?
I love the biker pouch on the front to instead of the headlight deffinally copying that idea lol.
Thanks........Yes they are Mongoose MDX mountainbike handlebars with old knurled handgrips from my Harley I modded to fit...........That pouch was supposed to be for the rear but fitted it to the front because I have a friend scouting me another baby rams skull so I can mount in some red LED headlights to the eyesockets to mount above the bag like my old project that got lifted from the bed of my beat-up truck a couple years back....It had mini apehanger bars with fringed leather grips,,soft suede looking drinking bottle converted into a gastank cover and a huge catchers mit for a seat

After a couple severe harddrive crashes this the only visible pic of it,,somehow most of the pics became scrambled and 95% of my vids are unviewable.............

Nice job on the setup, CAM2, and thank you for the pictures.
No problem Spyguy and "Thanks"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts