Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here.

I recently bought a pocket bike for my son and it didn't take long to notice that the petcock design is by far the worst I have even seen 馃槅

Anyhow, I just cut inside the O-ring to connect the "two channels". Instant fix.

Brown Eye Fluid Liquid Art

Anyhow I also ordered the pumper carb as I wanted a fuel screw. That thing leans up quickly when quickly going WOT.

Administrator
We simply disassemble it and drill all the way through it but your way works if you don't have a drill anybody can basically do it with a kitchen knife your way...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that was the point, a quick and easy fix while I waited for a better carb. I got this one listed below and it performs way better. I find pumper carbs in general also help with acceleration.

I'm not sure if we can post links, if not, please remove. Anyhow the difference with this carb and the stock one is like night and day 鈽

Administrator
Btw do you know if there's already a better cylinder head available or if it's better to get another engine to gain a few HP?
Take the cylinder off throw the base gasket into the trash slightly widen the base of the transfer ports with a Dremel clean it out good with soap and water and put it back on using a very light film of fuel resistant silicone.

Replace the stock crank bearings with quality crank bearings

If you want to take it a bit farther you can slightly Port the exhaust

Don't be fooled by the pictures on this site of massively ported engines most of the guys doing the big ports are not running pump fuel.

Those two peace head kits are crappy and take to much work and tinkering to get them to work properly then a lot of those kits come with a bunch of parts that are no good and you're better off with the stock stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts