Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
boost bottles only help 2 strokes and its not alot anyway
you need a real motor

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also another quick question, what is the difference between the Mikuni Carburetor 26mm 50 110cc and the Mikuni Carburetor 29mm 50 110cc.
Will it give me a lot more power after properly tuned or will it be realistically the same.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
peg, there is no 29mm mikuni, its a knock off, id stay away from that
tdot, yes thats correct, they are for 2T only
sellers will tell you anything to sell their stuff

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
So are you saying the 110cc 4 stroke boost bottle does absolutely nothing and has no benefits what so ever?
Ive seen no benefits ....I tried one on my X-22 full auto bike.....4 strokes have intake/exhaust valves unlike 2 strokers and benefit more from a head breather kit mod................

2 strokers build power through scavenging and engine resonance and need somewhere for the extra wave to go when on the downstroke to give the engine easier spoolup and a double dense charge of fuel on the upstroke...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the Mikuni Carbs are cheap and knock offs but my uncle builds them better by putting zx9 needles and other stuff in it.
Basically once it's tuned will the bigger carb give me more power?

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
no, your limited by other things first
the stock 110cc head has a 23mm intake valve, that means that anything bigger than 24 is just gonna be splashing gas in your head
second, the exhaust valve is only 20mm and so is the pipe, so your not going to be able to get rid of any increased volume
you need to keep your numbers in sync or your gonna have issues

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, sorry I should know all of this by now since it's my second bike.
I appreciate everybody's help.

Peg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts