Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i am running lean and my spark plug is white, do i need to move my c clip up or down. as i am running sluggish .
thanks

·
Trained Chimp
364 Posts
Yes sir it is. When you move it down it allows more fuel at low to mid range. It its lean at wot. You need bigger jets.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Sounds like you need a .68 main jet. Is there smoke coming out your exhaust??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am running really lean at the moment, howeveer i am goin to richen up the mixture and move the c clip a position, now do i need to move the c clip up or down, asking for less or more gas

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
Moving the c clip down lifts the needle further out of the jet tube allowing more fuel during idle and mid rpms. Moving the clip up drops the needle further into the jet tube allowing less gas.

C clip down = more fuel
C clip up = less fuel

As stated earlier as well if you are running lean at mid to high rpms you need a bigger jet. Once that needle is pulled out of the tube as in mid to full throttle it is the jet size that dictates the fuel mix at that point.

·
Trained Chimp
364 Posts
Thanks Jaloos. I wasnt sure how to explain it any futher. It is a little confusing at first. I actually had the same problem when I learned to play the bass.It just seems backwards. Lol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my jet is dis colouring does this matter? last time i put a diferent jet on it bogged out at full throttle

·
Trained Chimp
364 Posts
They all oxidize. You should clean it and all the brass parts with scotch brite cloth. You also want to deburr the float. You basically want everyting as clean and smooth as you can get it.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Amen to that brotha Chimp.......Cleaning up ,,deburring and polishing the parts are a must.....

Id doublecheck the basics like making sure the reeds are sealing correctly

Carb float is set right

Plug gap is set to .030"

Make sure the coil to flywheel gap is actually .020"...Newer business cards are laser printed and are also .010" thick............

·
Trained Chimp
364 Posts
Cam2 hows the ankle? Ive been saying the same things as you mentioned. Thats all regular check up stuff for me now. It makes you feel like a pilot doing a preflight check. Lol. Hey didnt they used to use chimpz as astronauts? Roflmao.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
The ankle is doing great ......Thanks for asking.......Yep they used to train chimps to fly in rockets....lol

Indeed it is just like a pre-flight checklist and with every engine and bike I own I do the same things over and over repetitiously performing the same mods but for good reason............Power and reliability

Ive come to the conclusion that if the chinese took the time to do all the things that make owning these things worthwhile the price of one would be close or equivelent to a Blata 2.5 when they first came out................

So far with my two Daves orphan sale engines in the comparison tests ive been performing;- the basically modded engine has outperformed the bone stock unmodded engine in every way

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
The Chinese need a do it yourself kit, the whole bike comes in parts, even the engine. Most of the bike, especially the C1, needs to be modded moved or changed. That way you could do all the mods while its apart and save yourself some time,lol,lol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
will be setting my coil gap to a buisness card, but how can i roughly adjust my spark plug gap. aswell any links on how to adjust the float/forks
thanks

·
Trained Chimp
364 Posts
Or if you have feeler gauges? Stack a 0.010 and a 0.020. Some feeler gauges have spark plug gappers also. Theyre the ones tha look like wire bent in a u. Cam2 dont say that to loud! Lol. They might hear you.Epr your idea is great. But it would put alot of 12yr olds in china out of work. Lol

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Sounds like you need a H/F Tools digital caliper, they had them on sale for $10, and they read out in numbers on a screen. I use thin cardboard, and or paper and tape over it to build up to .020, blue masking tape is .004". I use my old dial calipers every time I work on my bikes or parts.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Sounds like you need a H/F Tools digital caliper, they had them on sale for $10, and they read out in numbers on a screen. I use thin cardboard, and or paper and tape over it to build up to .020, blue masking tape is .004". I use my old dial calipers every time I work on my bikes or parts.
Even a micrometer works pretty good too...................But I still love my oldschool dial caliper..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts