do you think an EVPB will ever see 60mph with only 2 hp motor

• yes

Votes: 38 45.2%
  • no

Votes: 46 54.8%

ratbike(RAZOR-mod)

36K views 183 replies 19 participants last post by  rampotown 
#1 ·
today is a good one for me, i found out my taxret will be in my hands any day now, wich is a great thing couse that is the money i was going to use to get all the parts and the steel tubing to mod my bike

i still feel that the part of the frame that i have to cut and move is a very important piece, so if i were to mess it up and if the bike dide hit 40mph it would be a bad thing. cracking the frame at those speeds would suck

what ga. steal should i use for my motor mount, and could some one post a pick of a mount for one of the larger motors 700-900w this would help a lot and cut my fab time in half
SEVO, how do you guys mount your motors in you 700w bikes.....if you dont mind me asking

i think a 900w motor puts out over 1.2 hourse power
and i realy dont want that to bust loose, this bike is going to be crazy but i want it to crazy in a good way and safe as stock

#3 ·
i will use the stock 55t for its first few runs, but i found some daytona rims i may buy that use the 5 bolt patrn, but i have not yet found a sprocket small enf yet for five bolt.

but for the stock rims i have found a 44t and a 36t sprockets.

as for the pinion i think i will go with the 9,12,14t

surfer12594 said:
What kind of sprocket are you planning to get. I bet I could help.

#4 ·
you know exon i use 4 L brackets for my boys motor worked out very good... i picked it up at home depot in the door hinge section.. the hole are perfect so you don't have to do any mods to it... this is what i did... i bolted the 4 brackets to the motor first, then i lined up the motor the rear sprocket... once they were lined up i clamped them down to the frame... i add 12 volts to the motor to make sure the sprockets were centered on the chain... adjust it if needed.. once i was happy with it all i did was weld the brackets to the frame and pull the clamps off...the motor is secure and those brackets are very strong.. i have a question exon are you going to change the rubber on your wheels... because i think those tires are okup to 25mph i don't think i would trust those tires in the 30+ range......... something to think about.....

#5 ·
good idea, the L brackets sound good

as for my tires, i will use after market tires after i get every thing working, i dont even know if i will see 30-40mph yet i am just realy hoping for it, so droping 100$ on sticky's would be pointless if i would still have to tweek on her more..... but i do belive 30 is no question going to be a breaze to hit!

but as for the tires rating, i used to make tracks for camoplast(they make snowmobile tracks) and they rated their tracks about 25-50mph off the real speed rating to keep people from pushing them.so i think if my first couple runs, if i did hit even over 40mph with the tires at 85psi i think i will be safe.(i will be in full protection, leather and helmet, maby knee pads)

but good point APROLDAN, this is somthing that has bean on my mind
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as for somthing new,

i think i will try to find a better power supply for my bike
Nm-hi or even Li-Io, but i do not know of chargers that cost in my price range for these yet, still looking

as for Nm-Hi i have read that the packs put out 2-3 time more curent and have a better run time then lead acid gell cells

#6 ·
update:
found a NI-cad charger that is rated for 40 cellshttp://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDJN1&P=0
it is DC-DC though so you need a DC power supply to work it, on a nother site found Ni-cad Dsize batterys for 309$ for 64 cells, enuff for 2) 48v packs when together will have 10000mah!

but i could not find a good price on the other power i was looking for all way to much money

#8 ·
SURFER,

the Etek is too power full for my aplication, and if you have been to sevo's site, look at his fast bikes that is the size of the Etek almost the size of my rear wheel.....way too big!

also in this club we must keep our bikes below 1500w in order to comply with the rules.

the motor is not my problem, couse i will use a 900 to start out with and as soon as they come in i want a 1200w, and that is good enuff for me,1200w's is almost 2hp........
:D

#10 ·
updatate:

last friday i burned up my motor on my razor,it was going to hapen sooner or later....

as of right now it is stripped down to a roller,to get ready for its first of many welds, as i can see right now the only thing that can go rong is ,if the enbail of the motor stick out to far and makes the pavement.....(say in a turn the motor scrapes the ground couse i have the bike too far on its side)

#11 ·
here is a brushless motor i found, it is a 300$ kit
it comes with a controler and pretty much comes ready to go, it says it's rms output over 800w, wich for a brushless setup that is chazy power and realy great run times couse of its effiency. here are the specs:

36V-48V Super BMC 750W* (USPD, Pro-Drive, Lashout)

This kit combines a custom manufactured BMC brushless motor
with a custom 3 phase external controller for the ultimate Pro-Drive
(USPD) or Lashout upgrade! The external controller provides up to
35A at 36V-48V. Combining this system with EVdeals custom
sprockets provides a wide range of torque/speed solutions for every
riding requirement. Accepts Magura/Currie style 5k resistive and
various Hall Effect throttles.

Rated output wattage 883
RPM @ rated wattage 3730
Efficiency (%) @ rated output 82.5
HP @ rated output 1.184
HP @ 30 in/lbs 1.545
Shaft, for Currie bike drive "D" shaft
Rotation viewed from shaft end CW
Input Voltage 48.0
Current @ rated output, Amps 22.2
Current limit, Amps 35
Motor weight (lbs) ~5
Motor dimensions H=3-1/4" D=5"
(black) Controller weight (lbs) ~2.75
(black) Controller dimensions L=7-3/32" W=3-1/4" H=1-7/8"
(silver) Controller weight (lbs) ~2.50
(silver) Controller dimensions L=7-3/8" W=3-7/8" H=1-5/16"

http://www.evdeals.com/Motors.htm#24V-Currie 600W Brush Motor Kit

#12 ·
today i had a run in with city cop...

get this, he thought i was riding a gasser couse he saw me take a turn on my knee at 23 mph'ish,and was very stunned when i rvvvved the motor and it was quiet..
told be to be safe and plz dont ride it in the streat couse cars cant see us... all in all he was not a dick about it at all

#13 · (Edited)
UPDATE::thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

today i upped the power from 24v7aH to 24v14aH(4X of 12v7aH cells), wow! this is a big change in how long i can ride for.....
befor,15-45min normaly, now i can go up hills and still be able to ride over 1.5 hours....

just one bad thing is weight,
bike is now over 50 lbs,

it has efected the handling in how long it takes to get from a full left to a full right
in turns
but now i can use this to get around town, on the side walks, i will be checking out the local paved bike paths next week.

i still have a lot of space for new motor

i may cut front down tube and bend a new one for better battery placement, so my c.G. is lower

#14 ·
today, i would like to say i have a new mode of transportation, i rode the razor to work yesterday

made it in good time and almost the whol way in the greenpower range

i can now ride till my legs have no fealing

i realy want to put the new controler in and motor
and see what it will do at 48 volts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

#15 ·
hey exon if your riding that razor without the plaster then i'm sure your legs aren't the only thing that doesn't have feeling...lol :Dare you going to make a new top peice when you get the new controller what motor are you using right now??

#16 · (Edited)
hey, i got a seat on the bike it is good old aluminum,hand crafted about 2 months ago after my first bad wheelie......even though i was drunk i think i made it ok for what it is....

but it is funny you wrote that aproldan couse,i just ordered some plastics from razorama they should be here on monday... i also picked up a 36v 30a controler, to mess around with,best 20 bucks i will ever not want to spend agen, lol

hey Aproldan,

do you know if the stock motor will handle 36v, i will be ordering a 350w 36v motor next time, but for now i want to see what the exta 10amps and 12 volts do to the stock one

#17 ·
i'll tell you what the extra 12 volts will give you... an extra 800 to 1100 more rpms... as long as you don't go full throttle you won't blown the motor... go full throttle and you will be looking for a new motor...but the good thing is you definitly hit 30+...but the question is will your bike's brake be able to stop quick enough ..here is what i would do.. if you can find a motor that will fit in your bike... make sure it is a high torque motor the rpms will be less but the good thing is you can add an extra 12volts to is and won't fry the motor... remember big blue.. it was a high torque motor and i add 12volts more and it ran great from 36 to 48 volts...and that motor was only a 350 watt motor..so look around.. i know they have blue's bigger brother at the same place you ordered the seat from just go to the 500 dirt bike and it's there...

#18 · (Edited)
i was looking at the 350w 24 volt motor on that 3 lettered site

this one will fit in the frame rails and should be fun at 36v, and it dose not cost athat much either:thumbsup:marcelo:thumbsup:

i may get the 75t sprocket so the motor wont blow up on take off, it will take away from the top speed but will help me take off

#20 ·
350w24v30amp motor:

should i put a rpm sensor on the motor can so i dont over rev it

or should i open the 350 watt motor and re-solder it with silver-solder, so it will be a little stronger so it does not throug a wind
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

220w24v20amp motor:

i think i want to make my stock razor motor into a drag motor, i want to re-wind it with larger wire.....this should up the watts a little(this is just a thought, couse i will have an extra motor sitting around)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

as of right now i am up north, looks good out, not as cold as the last time i was up last month, i will post some pics on here soon

should have my parts when i getback to the city, i cant wait!!!!!
:thumbsup::p:thumbsup:
were is Sevo?
i have not seen him on in acouple weeks

#22 ·
sweet, thanx

i know how to wind my own motors, i raced durty when in RC electric...i would rewind my motors by cutting 2-4 winds off......lol no one ever knew why my lap times were so low

but in this case i will completly rewind with larger gage wire with a couple less winds....

should up watts and improve rpm....

#23 ·
today

i found my new pic for my aviator

i nearly pissed my pants:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: when i read the story behind it

here is the story, it is not my cat nore do i know the person that does......

Ebaum.com,
"My sister-in law is from Oklahoma and has a slight accent. She has cats and when she lived in the south she would take them to the groomers and have what is called a Line Cut. To her a line cut is when all of the fur hanging down below the cat's tummy is taken off (because it gets matted or snarled). When she moved to Chicago with my brother, one of the cats fur got all tangled up during the move so she took it in for a line cut. She was quite surprised when she heard the price as it was twice as much as it was down south. She confirmed with the groomer that he understood what a line cut was and he said "yes, I know what a LION cut is." It seems her accent came out sounding like LION not LINE and this is how her cat was returned to her. She cried for a week...but not as much as the cat.

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)
update: here are some pics of my new charger and my new plug

i made a 12v charging plug so that the controllers pug is set at 36v and the charger plug is set on 12 volts

the charger i found at w-mart for almost half price
it is a acid cell peek chager and has a setting for gell cells, wich is very good....i will use the 2amp setting

aslo a pic of my rs4-2 it has flip flop paint on it and it will do over 85mph as is right now

as for the blur in all of my pics that is becouse i did not get to use my cam. i had to use my moms, she got it at a food store,oh ya dont buy electronics at food stores, it said it was a 6meg pix camra but i say it is junk

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.