Pocketbike Forum banner

do you think an EVPB will ever see 60mph with only 2 hp motor

• yes

Votes: 38 45.2%
  • no

Votes: 46 54.8%
161 - 180 of 184 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly.......he and aproldan are the 2 reasons I even thought about electrics.......there have been more than 1 gasser that I know have been banned and they are back, why not exon?

hey listen i've talked to robert and there is a very good reason why exon was banded forever.... now what we need to do is move on before the staff starts to fight back and possibly shut this electric section down.... then we will not be able to help each other on all the upgrades we been doing... we'll bump into exon again... til then lenny is our new razor pb master tech...... he should be able to answer your questions about what to do with your razors... i will also help anyone that needs help/info... so let us bow our heads... farewell exon our paths will cross again:cool:... now pass the beer :D

no problem lenny just let me know when you need it.... hey guy also i checked out exon's latest vid on youtube and i must say... that boy has that razor flying.... he has to be doing over 30 on it.... his motor is screaming

The answer to the question oxyrmon is yes, without a doubt, it will happen, there is no need to take a poll. ask any physics minded individual. i havent done the math, as it is probobly above me, but it all boils down to aerodynamics and frictional drag. of cource weight is a small consideration as well. with the propper aerodynamics, anything is possible, now we need a wind tunnel and an actual physics scientist to run the numbers. If there are any of you bonifide scientists out there, I make the challenge to do the numbers and give us the necessary criteria, a C.D.. info on drivetrain loss, tire dimensions and pressure, and a possible fairing "LOOK"; POSIBLY A CAD DRAWING WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!! Anyone feel qualified??

I'm qualified. I'm a senior CAD technician and Civil Engineer, but not up for the challenge. lol thats a lot of work. 60mph is possible with only a 2hp motor but are you going to go to oakland international and run that strip to get enought time for that motor to spin up. If you gear that baby high enough and advance that motor I think you could do it. Your gonna need very long flat road for miles to spin that motor up though.

Humm, well I must admit that on some barbaric level I have enjoyed reading your bashing, thrashing and otherwise utterly degrading comments our beloved exxon. Whats more, as a senior cad engineer you could probably kick out some kick-*** solid models of a capsulated pocketbike on your pro-engineer program: Given all the dimensions of cource.
I spent some time in the civil department here at U.N.C. and other than "galloping Gurdy" There wasn't much mention of aerodynamics in the cirriculium. and I know there were no civil engineers in my machine design classes, so I guess you leaned all of this info. on your own. congrats.
I will look up a few equations and try to move this post forward. And I do not think it will take 5 miles to make 60 on a 2 H.P POCKETBIKE.

Ok boys, Not that anyone seems to care, but I have been working on the math, trying to see what it will take to get a pocketbike to 60 mph on 1500 watts. And I am having all sorts of problems getting the units to line up. Have no fear, I will Endever to perservere.
Obviously there are two forms of resistance to consider Aerodynamics being the major factor. and rolling drag resistance. I have found that a 35 psi neumatic tire of 9 inch diameter has roughly a .04 coeficient of drag. and that a bicycle style chain drive system will eat up .007 coeficient of drag. I f you add the two and multiply by an assumed weight of scooter and rider, (lets say a very light 150 pounds) and also multiply by our goal speed of 60 miles per hour, factor out the units and you get 119 watts of rolling drag. so that leaves us with 1473 watts roughly, to get past that dam aerodynamics.
Those equations are getting a little long in tooth. and as i said, my units are not factoring properly, So it may be a week or two before I can figure it out. any help would be appreciated. cainen

you are doing all this stuff to figure this out and the point still remains.. you need the gears and rpm to work together... the lower the gear the more rpm you take away from your motor... so all this calculating isn't going to help if the power isn't there...and the power and rpm isn't there.... you have over a dozen factors going against this whole thing... you want to same time just build the bike and just do it... formulas will only take you so far.. actually running it will get you real results..

Humm, well I must admit that on some barbaric level I have enjoyed reading your bashing, thrashing and otherwise utterly degrading comments our beloved exxon. Whats more, as a senior cad engineer you could probably kick out some kick-*** solid models of a capsulated pocketbike on your pro-engineer program: Given all the dimensions of cource.
I spent some time in the civil department here at U.N.C. and other than "galloping Gurdy" There wasn't much mention of aerodynamics in the cirriculium. and I know there were no civil engineers in my machine design classes, so I guess you leaned all of this info. on your own. congrats.
I will look up a few equations and try to move this post forward. And I do not think it will take 5 miles to make 60 on a 2 H.P POCKETBIKE.
I Majored in solid modeling and surface modeling. Then got into land surveying. From there I got to working with engineering techs and myself became familar with all the fields. I still love to draft surface modeling for fun.
I know nothing of aerodynamics. lol I design public improvements and subdivisions.

161 - 180 of 184 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.