Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
If it's a 1" or 1 1/8" head tube, it's pretty easy to use a mtb fork. You'll need to fashion a press to fit the bearing cups. As for the dirt bike fork, you'll have to figure out the size of the bearing races you need for the head tube. If you can find a fork set that comes with that size, you can buy the whole thing. If not, you'll have to do a lot of mix and match

· Administrator
3,827 Posts
I press in bearing cups with a pipe clamp or C clamp 🗜 you can pretty much get any adapter cups that you need for anything mountain bike related but you need to know the forks and the head tube size that you want to use

· Registered
218 Posts
The press I made was just a section of all thread (3/4" I think is my most recent one) nuts, and washers. I stepped up in size for the washers to make sure they were big enough to cover multiple sizes, and some rubber washers to protect the bearing cups ( a few of mine were aluminum). Mountain bike headsets are fairly standardized, which is why I said 1" or 1 1/8". Those are the most common sizes. There's tapered headsets, but I don't think those would apply in this situation. more than likely, it'll be 1 1/8". But in the video, the guy said it was a chinese pit bike fork. But, his setup looks like janky..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts