Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I want to upgrade my new razor mx350 to a 36v 800w motor. I have the battery and kit with the motor, control box and throttle all in one in my cart on eBay. Before I buy just wanting to make sure I am getting good stuff. The battery is a lithium 36v 16ah. Will this work for my upgrade?? Thanks!
Font Gas Electric blue Advertising Automotive lighting

Light Automotive tire Font Tire Auto part

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,386 Posts
Some people don't like those cheap chinese lithium batteries. I have used a lot of them and have not had a problem. But I use them with the caution that some of them will prematurely fail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some people don't like those cheap chinese lithium batteries. I have used a lot of them and have not had a problem. But I use them with the caution that some of them will prematurely fail.
Ok thanks for the reply. Do you have a brand you like to go with? And does the kit seem like it will work on my bike?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Ok thanks for the reply. Do you have a brand you like to go with? And does the kit seem like it will work on my bike?
I personally don't remember if that motor will fit but I am assuming you are NOT overvolting your setup, because you would need a bigger BMS.
Running a 36v battery on a 36v setup, that battery will work. I would measure your battery tray and find a battery that will fit with the same specs. (Amps ,voltage)
If you can't I am sure you can make the battery fit somehow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I ordered it should be here Wednesday. It doesn’t come with a fuse. Will I need to change the fuse from what was originally on it with the 350w motor now that I have the 800?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
With the built in bms, you don't have to have a fuse, but you can always put one in, 30amp. One thing you really need to do. The motor connector needs to be upgraded to at least xt60. They will melt. I have even seen stock mx650's melt that connector. Put the xt60 on both sides motor and controller.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the built in bms, you don't have to have a fuse, but you can always put one in, 30amp. One thing you really need to do. The motor connector needs to be upgraded to at least xt60. They will melt. I have even seen stock mx650's melt that connector. Put the xt60 on both sides motor and controller.
Ok thank you for the info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts