Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Razor MX650. I replaced the batteries last year and at the end of the season, they would not charge. I thought something was wrong with the charger because it would not go from red to green. It would just stay solid green. So i replaced the charger and it did the same thing so I just assumed the batteries were bad so I replaced the batteries. I ran it once with the new batteries and now when I go to charge it, they will not charge. The charger does the same thing. What am I missing here. I can't have 2 bad sets of batteries can I? Hoping to get some suggestions here.

·
Registered
Razor mx500 (mildly modded monster)
224 Posts
Unfortunately you can fry them as stated above. Id recommend going lithium ion battery pack of your choosing... yes its expensive but you get a battery pack that will last 4x as long as sla batteries, provide longer ride time, are way lighter, provide instant power without voltage sag and have a bms board that prevents overcharging.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
I had some wiring cause problems like that. Check over everything. Maybe a wire isnt on a battery, etc.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Pull the batteries out and charge them individually with a quality charger ( car/motorcycle charger with automatic shut off ) then put them back in run it for about 10 minutes then try to charge it if it still won't charge more than likely you have a broken wire or a bad plug somewhere...

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
It really is good practice to take those batteries out every once in awhile and charge them individually. They really do last longer that way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts