Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hope everyone is well. We bought our son an mx650 a few weeks ago. Recently, when he's riding it around, the fork had been making a nasty clunking noise when hitting dips. Has anyone experienced this and how did they fix this? I appreciate the input.

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
Sounds like a warranty issue to me I whould contact razor before touching anything especially since there's no available fork parts for those things

·
Registered
410 Posts
It is common, I have dealt with many of the Razor MX650 and mx500 and they all make a clunking noise off of bigger jumps, Hills, curbs. There's a gap between the spring and the tube that holds the spring. It's nothing I ever worried about and rode many of them for years like that. If you are concerned it's something you can dig into.
Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ha!! Dude I have seen the same thing. The front forks make that weird noise a lot. Very few don’t have it. I heard quarters for spacers. That fixes the issue

·
Registered
262 Posts
They are Pogo Sticks, not much shock help, mainly for looks, lol. Remove the fluid and put 90 wt gear oil insde, that will help, they bottom out when the spring is fully depressed. My 110cc X bike I got a 6" BMX bike rear shock and made a bracket and mounted it, way better. Or look for good forks that might work better nwith out breaking the bank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts