Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to play around, and started painting a Razor Rsf650 because I thought a primer I used for a completely different task was an awesome color. I’m going for it.

All plastic done in green-grayish primer, with all metal parts in gold, kind of like a custom Ducati Monster I’ve seen to stay with the design.

Has anyone else done paint jobs on an RSF650?

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
882 Posts
Looks good man, I like it. That's probably one thing I haven't dabbled with too much as repainting things. Probably because I have way too many projects and if I start getting into the paint part of it, it'll be that much longer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have no clue how to do any of that work. I love when people do it, and make these things rip. I have the bike just for a little fun.

Any suggestions on the changing the red shock absorber to a different color? — chrome, color shift, high gloss navy, gold??

I though about painting the wheels in Rustoleum Peel Coat Color Shift, just to get crazy.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think the shock spring should be the same color as the frame. Just my opinion. And then do something crazy on the wheels. Something totally different than every other color on your bike.
If there's one upgrade I could suggest to you it's put a lithium battery in. Best damn upgrade you can possibly do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
measure the length, and inner diameter of the spring. You should be able to order a new spring in that size in a few colors. Or, you can remove that spring and paint it or powder coat it.

OR, measure the shock length, and replace it with another shock. You could replace it with a fake Ohlins. Yellow spring with gold body would look good.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Oh yeah powder coat, probably would have to do that to the spring, painting it they would just chip off Venture away from all the movement. I do like that yellow spring with gold body. That would be pretty sweet too

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
They sell a flexible paint that is made for plastic bumpers you should also use a adhesion promoter if you go to the auto body paint supply store they can get you a small amount of it in any color imaginable and load it into a custom spray can ( AKA a bomb can )
Liquid Font Plastic bottle Gas Magenta

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've seen flexible paint used on suspension parts and they don't work very well. They were great on plastic bumpers as they are intended to do. But that stuff doesn't move as much as a suspension part. Powder coat or just buy a pre-painted flash powder coated part

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There she is. No more time. Except for the wheels. Deep navy blue on the shock absorber. Probably going to change it all next summer to resemble the BMX bike from “RAD”

1 - 19 of 19 Posts