Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you may have heard about Moto Tassinary Reed Valves (VForce3), right?..it is a 4 petals carbon fibre valve...It is an amazing valve

I'm trying to make the Tassinary guys to fabricate a valve like this for C1 L.C. engines(don't know if this could fit C1 A.C. engines as well), these guys could do this fabrication if I order some 10-15 of these reed valves, otherwise could be slow and very expensive to get only one!, how many of You would be interested?...in case this become a reality, this would be a Non-Profit deal...I mean, I won't earn a single dollar doing this, just for fun and as a way to get this valve for my engine at an affordable price.

I "Guess" this valve could be in the range of $120.00~$140.00 Usd., but I'm just guessing..at least this is the "sell price" for a Minarelli engine VF valve.

Regards,

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Wow, I've seen those V-force reed blocks before, Very nice, I wish I could afford some parts that nice! Being the weirdo I am I would model them in 3D pose them for a picture, render a video of them coming apart and going together, and try to trade the company for a couple sets.

I've been pretty broke lately... :( But the computer will help earn some $$$ sometime soon!

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I've seen those V-force reed blocks before, Very nice, I wish I could afford some parts that nice! Being the weirdo I am I would model them in 3D pose them for a picture, render a video of them coming apart and going together, and try to trade the company for a couple sets.

I've been pretty broke lately... :( But the computer will help earn some $$$ sometime soon!
That's a good idea....trade off your nice work for a valve...once I get an answer from those guys I will ask them ;) at this point I was told that they would only work on this if 10 valves are ordered at a time, seems like if I don't get other people attention on this is gonna be crazy trying to get this valve as a "factory built"...in such case I have another great idea in mind to built my own VForce valve, I will get this valve one way or another...stay tunned!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd be up for it too. However, it seems that VForce may already do a reed block for the polini 40cc lc, which may fit the C1 out of the box, or could be modded accordingly.

http://www.mxpower.org.uk/vforce.html
Look under the VForce3 Valves road & race dropdown options.

I can't remember off the top of my head if the reed block footprint is compatible between the Polini 40 and the C1 LC as its been a while since I had my hands on a Polini, so if anyone can shed any light on that it may help....

Cheers

Blag.

·
PBP OLD SCHOOL MEMBER
1,114 Posts
I'd be up for it too. However, it seems that VForce may already do a reed block for the polini 40cc lc, which may fit the C1 out of the box, or could be modded accordingly.

http://www.mxpower.org.uk/vforce.html
Look under the VForce3 Valves road & race dropdown options.

I can't remember off the top of my head if the reed block footprint is compatible between the Polini 40 and the C1 LC as its been a while since I had my hands on a Polini, so if anyone can shed any light on that it may help....

Cheers

Blag.

I'm tempted to buy it right now but it looks to wide. What do you guys think?... This is for the Polini 40/50cc pictured here

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I'm tempted to buy it right now but it looks to wide. What do you guys think?... This is for the Polini 40/50cc pictured here
Being honest, it does look too wide vs how tall it is...

The bolt pattern looks WAY off too... :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yup. The bolt pattern is a mile out. Shame that.

Considering that the reed block for the lc and ac versions of the b1 rep are interchangeable it wouldn't be out of the way to think that there would likely be a demand if they made one and marketed it. Price would seem to be an issue though if the polini compatible product is anything to go by. The reed vforce3 block is as much as a brand new short lc c1 lump!

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The polini reed is totally different guys...

The VForce IS NOT a cheap valve, as I said, a mineralli VForce valve cost some $ 120.00 Usd., if I order 10 pieces, they can fabricate a C1 valve for us..maybe at same price as the Mina valve...not sure yet..the guy told me they won't manufacture less than 10 valves.

Hope we can get 10 guys wanting this valve, if not, I will get a mineralli valve, fabricte my own flange for the valve and get a "custom" VForce valve for my C1...It's going to be a challenge and not cheap but I will have a unique valve.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
How about a billet version? Reckon that's feasible?
hmmm, I love it! it would work well and look nice, plus maybe even disperse heat?!?!

I wish I was better at machining with my little Unimat! I would make sets for all of us :)

ps

NICE Boats Blagmeister!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
hmmm, I love it! it would work well and look nice, plus maybe even disperse heat?!?!

I wish I was better at machining with my little Unimat! I would make sets for all of us :)

ps

NICE Boats Blagmeister!!!!! :eek:
Glad you like em NaSa. The bigger one of the three in the pic (80 inch) is running a C1 lc 46cc with only a bit of work done on matching the ports etc. It's early days for us with these engines but I am convinced there is loads of scope with them. I am having a tinker with a 39cc lc at present and plan to try a load of conventional mods before we start muckng about with the port timing. The vForce reed looks good, apart from the price! Its one of a number of mods we are looking at for our application which leans more on good throttle response and torque rather than being all about peak revs.

Cheers

Blag

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Glad you like em NaSa. The bigger one of the three in the pic (80 inch) is running a C1 lc 46cc with only a bit of work done on matching the ports etc. It's early days for us with these engines but I am convinced there is loads of scope with them. I am having a tinker with a 39cc lc at present and plan to try a load of conventional mods before we start muckng about with the port timing. The vForce reed looks good, apart from the price! Its one of a number of mods we are looking at for our application which leans more on good throttle response and torque rather than being all about peak revs.

Cheers

Blag
Wow, On the water, and with that small amount of weight, I bet that boat hauls some butt! plus, All the cold water you could ever want :)

The Exhaust, and the carburetor / intake is an excellent place to look for extra POWER too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
As you might imagine, we have to mod the engines to suit the marine application but it pretty simple to do. The water pump impeller gets junked as we run ram induced cooling and the carb has to be a diaphragm type so a pulse port gets drilled into the crank. We generally use Tillotson carbs as the walbros are a bit borderline for an engine in this application and in the state of tune we run.

Reed mods are something we are about to experiment with hence the look at the vForce product.

The pipe is a pocketbike expansion pipe modded to fit within the hull. It's something we might look at in due course but at present it's tuned to the engine resonance so there's prolly not much more to do with it at present!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
As you might imagine, we have to mod the engines to suit the marine application but it pretty simple to do. The water pump impeller gets junked as we run ram induced cooling and the carb has to be a diaphragm type so a pulse port gets drilled into the crank. We generally use Tillotson carbs as the walbros are a bit borderline for an engine in this application and in the state of tune we run.

Reed mods are something we are about to experiment with hence the look at the vForce product.
Very COOL! Are those your boys in the picture? 3 generations?!?!? if so that is awesome!

Do you need the pumper carb's because of the low mounted fuel tank?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The lad is my boy, I am in the mddle and Big Tee is on the right. Our race Team designs and manufactures the hulls. It's not quite 3 generations but it's definitely two!!

Yes the reason we use pumper carbs is because the fuel tank is at the same height as the engine and as we race the boats on the sea you can imagine they get thrown about a hell of a lot so a float carb is not really what we need. It a simple enough mod to sort though.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Then, Are You in?....need 10 guys wanting a VForce valve so I can make those guys built them..

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well..I thought this would be easy to get 10 guys wanting a valve like this....I decide to make my own "Custom" Vforce Reed Valve....a VF is on It's way to me, it is from another 50 c.c. engine and I will "pull" the valve from It's flange, fabricate my own flange and "graft" the VForce into my flange, pics would follow up as soon as I get it...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts