Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gettin' my reed valve CAG together and I'm wondering what to do with the reed valve. I've seen mods in the past and various recommendations on what kind of reed to use, but nuthin' sticks in my head these days ...

FWIW, it's a 40mm bore with dual boost ports and I aero'd the cases for smooth flow around a half circle crank. Goin' on a bicycle.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Polini green or blue carbon reed are best. The thinner the reeds, the faster the engine reacts and revs up faster.
The thicker they are, the slower the engine reacts, but the higher it turns.

What exhaust do you use? And what carb?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polini green or blue carbon reed are best. The thinner the reeds, the faster the engine reacts and revs up faster.
The thicker they are, the slower the engine reacts, but the higher it turns.

What exhaust do you use? And what carb?
I've got a choice on carbs. A 14mm Mikuni I've used in the past and a new 12mm pumper Walbro knockoff I have no experience with. I'm also using the regualr pocket bike pipe with a 4" belly welded in.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see Polini green are.35mm and blue are .3mm. It's gonna be on a bicycle so I'm not lookin' to squirt off a corner, or high rpm. Usable mid range is where I wanna to be, so I'm thinking blue? I also saw some yellow at .25mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts