Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people keep talking about doing the reed stop mod , but i cant find a how to guide.

can anyone tell me what to do please. thanks

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Doing the reed stop mod is fairly easy .... all you need is your dremel and some time.

What you're doing is removing some of the surface on the underside of the "fingers," the part of the stop that the reeds actually touch when wide open. Usually, what I do is to knife-edge the very tip of the stop, then work my way back. Pretty much, what you're trying to achieve is the reeds opening a little further by removing material fromthe reed stop.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I grind mine on the side of my 8" bench grinder, and finish by filing and sanding it smooth for flow. Cut 1/4" of the finger tips, grind the face back at the same arch from naer the bottom ledge, and back about .090" or until the fingers are pointed again. D-Mack had some great photos. Try searching under his name, and all the posts he has and look for Modded Reed Stops for Cags.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I cut 1/4" down on the two tips then grind it back. Would take forever to file and sand .090" 3/32" or so.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cut 1/4" down on the two tips then grind it back. Would take forever to file and sand .090" 3/32" or so.
Thanks! i think i finaley understand :rolleyes: i will be useing my rotary tool to sand down.

not sure how to messure .090" tho :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts