Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Lucky 7 with BB head kit, 2-shoe clutch w \zocchi springs, flywheel mod, lift-plates
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow pocketbikers,

I was a registered member here from 2005 when PB's where on its prime, at least here in Europe. Had to create a new account for some reason now. So back then I got a lot of good information from this site and as our Dutch forums are all very empty nowadays, I thought I revisit this forum again. Good to see it is still active!

Me and my friends all bought Lucky 7's and started racing at our local kart track. That was good fun. Now all are sold, only I held on to two of them and they where stored in the back of the shed for years. Now that my kids are interested in karts and PB's it is time to dust them off!
So now I am busy getting them cleaned up and running for starters, so we can visit the track again soon.

some old pictures. I will upload a fresh one in a few days :)
(what are the standards for uploading pics here anyway? Edit: most post have pics as attachments, I will do so too)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
Lucky 7 with BB head kit, 2-shoe clutch w \zocchi springs, flywheel mod, lift-plates
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that is the plan to get some more oomph out of them. One of them is still stock, exept from rear riser plates, otherwise the ground clearence is pants. The other one has an additional BB kit, a 2 shoe clutch and lighter flywheel. Also had the protruding pipe removed from the pipe. Didn't do more mods as this cag was going faster then the others I raced back then.

So the idea is to leave the black version stock for now and let my son ride that one, until he is comfortable enough with his riding. For the other cag I was looking to add a faster pipe, but these are not available anymore!:( That would be one of the best single mods you could do with these engines...
I did find a Turbokit exhaust for just 40 euros, so that is on its way now. It looks like a 6.2 pipe, so not sure if it will fit. If not, I will have no other option than to do the stock pipe mod I guess.
And I should have a 4 petal reed lying around somewhere, will have to dig that out and give it a go.

Here is a picture of the freshly painted stock one.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

And this is the Turbokit exhaust I want to try:
Wood Bicycle handlebar Handle Bicycle part Plant

Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
Damn, that is a cheap pipe. Wish we could get pipes for 40 euros like that.
The bike looks great. Cant wait for results.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn, that is a cheap pipe. Wish we could get pipes for 40 euros like that.
The bike looks great. Cant wait for results.
Ahh well, I am not sure the seller knew what he was selling. Hence this price.
But I am not sure too if it is a real 6.2!
First to see if it will fit, then if I can get enough rpm's to get on the pipe properly... :)

Registered
Yes I hear ya. That 2 pc cylinder should help but I bet you will need a but more rpm

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think so too. But can someone name me some key words I should look for when chasing more rpm's? I can wrench a bit on bikes, but have no clue on 2 strokes and their tuning.. Still a lot to learn! That's also the fun of this hobby.

Atm this cag runs 28 mph on 6-68 gearing maxing out at 9700 rpm's according my cheapo tach.

Super Moderator
I think so too. But can someone name me some key words I should look for when chasing more rpm's? I can wrench a bit on bikes, but have no clue on 2 strokes and their tuning.. Still a lot to learn! That's also the fun of this hobby.

Atm this cag runs 28 mph on 6-68 gearing maxing out at 9700 rpm's according my cheapo tach.
Thats pretty good on a stock engine the only way to get more is to disassemble the engine and port it.

You can get a second engine on eBay for $60 and go all out on it then you have a second engine for when it blows up you can just swap them.

Attachments

Registered
I would agree, another engine and massage the inside. Boost port also. Add skf crank bearings, etc. 11k-12k should be obtainable

Super Moderator
That's the benefit of The CAG engine it's so unbelievably inexpensive I usually try to buy 2 a year and they really do last quite a while if you fix them as they break I currently have six of them all modified in different ways.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I have one stocker, but this pipe should go onto the one with the bb kit with high compression head. Can't really remember if it has any boost ports already.
I found the 4 petal reed kit again, that might be my best bet to get more flow.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I was talking to an old neighbour about the pocketbikes and he later texted me he would like to sell his C1 watercooler to me, as it is way to fast for his son atm. I do know these C1's have some quirks to be fixed to get them running reliable. On top of that he can't fix the problem of it dying out everytime. It runs when giving it throttle, but as soon as you want it to idle, it stops. Sounds like an air leak to me and that could be a pain to find.
It probably would need new gaskets and clutch upgrade at least. He had it second hand too, so we don't know anything on previous maintanance.

He wants 鈧 150 (euro) for it, which sounds fair.. or not?
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

Super Moderator
LOL 馃槀 quirks that's a very nice way to put it.

Yes those bikes are powerful
Yes those bikes do break every single time you run them.

If you can find parts to fix it and keep it going here in the US all parts for those have gone extinct.

I have a friend that had one we would always make fun of him because he would constantly lean the bike over and look in the peep hole he drilled in the engine casing to make sure his water pump was still spinning 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did some searching and we are still able to get parts for these C1's. Might even be possible to convert to an aircooled cilinder setup perhaps, as those parts are also available here..
I will stop by my former neighbour next week and have a look at the bike.

Super Moderator
If you can still get the parts then you can run it 馃槈

When you get it the first thing you want to do is disassemble the water pump lube the shaft with outboard Marine Grease and replace the belt you might as well replace the seal and any o-rings while you're in there you won't know if you have the smooth or toothed belt until you get it apart

馃槂

The high idle is more than likely due to a cracked intake manifold which is very common on those.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oke, yeah I want to see if I can get it running normal first. Then re-do the head gaskets and checking the O-ring. But probably best to spit the cases and do a complete rebuild with fresh bearings and gaskets... The waterpump is located at the inside of the case correct?

Asked him what he had tried and he told be he has installed a new manifold, but it didn't work. Still the same problem. It is possible that the carb connection is bad though.

Super Moderator
More than likely it's the head gasket if it's the smooth belt and the belt gets old and stretched out the water pump doesn't run as fast as it's supposed to and overheats and melts the head gasket

If the pump stops completely it basically instantly melts the head gasket.

Those engines are such a dodgy piece of junk I would not recommend a full rebuild that's a complete waste of time and money you should instead swap the engine out with a quality engine like a BZM or something.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, it looks like I am the owner of a C1 now too. Had a look at the bike yesterday and altough it hadn't run for more than two years and was under a layer of dust it was in pretty good shape. Brakes are dragging badly, rear rim is damaged and won't hold air. Did take the starter housing off to take a look at the waterpump o-ring. That was still in good shape, no dirt or grease to be seen. So the problem is probably at the intake side..
Decided that I would have a go at fixing this particular bike. Just have to make room somewhere... :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts