Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to replace the current engine in my pocketbike and trade it with a chainsaw engine? like a 60cc engine? it will sure give more top end speed and torque for better take off. can anyone help me here to answer this? my current engine is a reed valve i want a reed valve less engine using a chainsaw and wonder if the bolting configuration will work with the frame. or would i have to modify the engine in order to make it fit? PLEASE HELP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
anything is possible. If you can weld you can do it. Most likely you'll need to fab up some new mounts. I've been pondering that idea for months already. Instead i just keep spending money on the dam shittly cag motor. I promise this is it though. LOL.

·
Registered
943 Posts
why not go with a KX 60 or some other similar sized dirtbike motor, something with some gears.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess you could build anything but for me it is the quest to build the best P.O.S. cag motor that I can possibly build but I do like the prospective hair raising ride that a dirtbike motor would provide adrenaline rush for sure:)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thats a expensive motor if your just messing around like i do but i guess if ur into racing its worth it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
tblumer said:
why not go with a KX 60 or some other similar sized dirtbike motor, something with some gears.
That cag would haul ***. haha, thats awesom ,some one should try it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
holy **** that motor is a rip off. everything listed could be done for under $50. and what do they think? throw some cool engine building slang in and all of the sudden its an expensive engine? blue printed carb? umm right. balenced piston? balenced to what? rotating assembly?

its just a rip off. don't do it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
tek said:
holy **** that motor is a rip off. everything listed could be done for under $50. and what do they think? throw some cool engine building slang in and all of the sudden its an expensive engine? blue printed carb? umm right. balenced piston? balenced to what? rotating assembly?

its just a rip off. don't do it.
If you have the knowledge to do it yourself then all the power to you but do you think everyone has a air grinder, nice diamond cut bits and the most important part the knowledge of porting in their garage? The price on the motor has gone down and I have seen similar engines on other sites for prices even greater then that. I think based on the cost of a whole new motor if you are looking to just drag and drop a new motor into your cag and you want performance from the get go then its a good deal. Add up buying all of those parts 1 by 1 and you will almost get to that dollar amount with out even buying the motor... Think before you post man, not everyone has those kind of resources laying around at their dispose...

·
Registered
87 Posts
MiniRacer187 said:
If you have the knowledge to do it yourself then all the power to you but do you think everyone has a air grinder, nice diamond cut bits and the most important part the knowledge of porting in their garage? The price on the motor has gone down and I have seen similar engines on other sites for prices even greater then that. I think based on the cost of a whole new motor if you are looking to just drag and drop a new motor into your cag and you want performance from the get go then its a good deal. Add up buying all of those parts 1 by 1 and you will almost get to that dollar amount with out even buying the motor... Think before you post man, not everyone has those kind of resources laying around at their dispose...
Are you insane? B1 motors are just around the corner, nobody in their right mind would waste a penny on one of those when you can get a ~10hp w/c powerplant for about $200. The "hookupz" motor is basically a stock motor with a filter and carb bolted on - gimme a break.

Marketing 101: How to sell a $100 cag motor for $349... So cheese.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts