Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Chinese copy/replica of the Origami B1 which is air cooled and not Water cooled. I'm wondering if it's possible to take out the Air cooled motor and put in a Water cooled one. Would I be able to do that, or would I have to buy a certain frame or anything, or just a new bike total ?

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
The cases are the same, they leave the water pump & radiator off the watercooled and put an air cooled cyld & head on it. I have a 50cc, water cooled ( 46cc ) Blata Orgami C1, the yellow bike in the avatar photo.
Do you have a B1/C1 frame, the rear unbolts or the T1 Cag style frame?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cases are the same, they leave the water pump & radiator off the watercooled and put an air cooled cyld & head on it. I have a 50cc, water cooled ( 46cc ) Blata Orgami C1, the yellow bike in the avatar photo.
Do you have a B1/C1 frame, the rear unbolts or the T1 Cag style frame?
It's a B1 style frame. Just like the yellow bike in your avatar.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I actually seen a guy take a air cooled scooter engine and wrap aluminium over the fins and convert it to water cooled. Was neat!

But yeah the only problem i can see with that is finding a spot to put your rad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually seen a guy take a air cooled scooter engine and wrap aluminium over the fins and convert it to water cooled. Was neat!

But yeah the only problem i can see with that is finding a spot to put your rad.

Oh, okay, okay, okay. I guess it would make more sense to just buy a Water Cooled bike instead then...?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh, okay, okay, okay. I guess it would make more sense to just buy a Water Cooled bike instead then...?
In some ways. If the frames from both bikes are the same then mounting a rad to it would be easy. If not then it might take a bit of searching to find the right size rad and then welding to get the rad to mount properly.

I'm assuming youd want your rad behind your front tire in front of the engine where the cowl opens.

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Someone in England just had B1s for $320 + S/H, less than $400 world wide. I almost bought one but I have 8 bikes already. The bad part is I think you would have to split the cases I believe to put a water pump. Take the starter cover off see if you can see a O ring water pump belt and pully?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In some ways. If the frames from both bikes are the same then mounting a rad to it would be easy. If not then it might take a bit of searching to find the right size rad and then welding to get the rad to mount properly.

I'm assuming youd want your rad behind your front tire in front of the engine where the cowl opens.

Yeah, exactly. Anywhere else would be kind of weird. But I've seen some people with small rads, not sure if it's for every bike, but I've seen some tiny rads!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone in England just had B1s for $320 + S/H, less than $400 world wide. I almost bought one but I have 8 bikes already. The bad part is I think you would have to split the cases I believe to put a water pump. Take the starter cover off see if you can see a O ring water pump belt and pully?

From what I can see, yeah, they're there.

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Did you see a bearing seal behind the pully? Someone might have converted a W/C to A/C, buy buying a new cylinder & head. I think the piston is the same 1 ring job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts