Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this Mini Chopper several years ago used it a couple summers and put it away and it has sat in my shed for years. I did put stable in it and started it up every now and then but in the last year and a half really haven't bothered. Recently I found out it actually can be registered in my state as a moped so I decided to pull it out and get it street worthy. Not sure who makes it I bought it used from a friend. It was in mint condition but the years of sitting in my shed living on the ocean it had seen better days. Mostly faded paint rust and corrosion. Tires are dry rotted so it will need those. To my surprise I sprayed some starting fluid in the carb and it kicked right over! I guess stabl really does work. I have torn it apart to clean repaint and take all the corrosion off the aluminum and metal parts. I bought tail/brake lights, ordered a new filter, turn signals. Looking for a good deal on new tires. Front is 90/90-12 not sure what the back is. My biggest issue will be wiring all the safety equipment. Has a brake switch on the front brake, turn signal selector on the other grip with the head light and horn buttons. They all seem to be wired run under the tank but from there I have no clue. Now that I got this out I am remembering all the fun we had with it, can't wait to get it all back together and riding it again! This is an old pic trust me it doesn't look this good now but when i am done it will be pretty close.

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
It's a peace sport mini chopper they went out of business a few years ago but the engine is still manufactured they use the same engine on pitbikes you should be able to Google the tire size and get some that way.

There are no schematics or wiring diagrams so don't disconnect anything or cut anything without documenting everything first...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I posted it on Facebook earlier. A few people on Facebook told me it was a Loncin Mini Chopper, Peace Chopper and some other brand I can't remember the name of. It looks kind of like them all. One had a fake plastic V motor over the real motor. LOL Probably all from the same Chinese manufacturer. I have been taking pics with my phone of it as I take things apart just in case. I haven't even attempted to do anything with the wiring yet. I'll break out my testers and mark every wire maybe even draw out my own schematic. Removed the seat and the seat bracket is cracked. Going to have to make some stronger brackets and weld them on. They really were stingy on the chrome! It's so thin even just using a buffer it goes down to the copper without much pressure. Paint seems to be baked on and very thick but if rust gets started under it it comes off in what feels like plastic sheets/chunks. I'll hit it up with extender and paint it over. People on Facebook recommended this forum that's how I found it. Hopefully by the end of the month I'll have it done 100%. Just got two jobs so i will be busy the next few weeks so that will cut into the time i have to work on it.

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
Thats the lead based paint it has terrible anti rusting properties and you definitely want to wear a respirator when sanding that crap... And as you're finding out the chinese-built stuff to sell not to last.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts