Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
Better to cut out the center bar and run a Polini reed, they are fiberglass and square, there are 2 thicknesses to choose from.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I forgot about that mod and haven't tried it I'll get on to ordering the parts to give it a try... 馃憤

Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
It sounds like a great mod, I'm not sure I am at the point I want to try one like that yet. Do all the other mods and changes and stuff first. But definitely let us know how it works out. Keep the bike exactly the same obviously, and somehow I'll measure the difference besides seat of the pants

Registered
Go for it MrKitty, I have never tried that yet either, seen it done by other pocket bikers. I first saw the reed stop mod, it was Davation an old member. Got to be better than stock, lol.

Registered
Maybe better than stock but wasn't that only on water cooled or was that also on air-cooled polini? Or maybe just a much better flowing engine.

Registered
My A/C 4.2 Polini has a flat plate and 2 reeds like a Cag. For the 6.2 W/C Polini's had the 4 reed V-block set up. That can still use 2 full reeds in place of the 4 reeds. I think when you order them they come in pairs, just because of that. I could even use one reed on my 4.2 and cut the center bar too.

Registered

Registered
Man I want to get into that and learn
Sooooooo many cool thing to do to them. I haven't even done ever mod or go to the extreme I like some of the older numbers on here have done that I remember reading.
I even used what I learned on here to open up the intake and exhaust ports on my 50cc bicycle engine. I am hoping with the few subtle mods I did I can run with a stock 66/80cc.

Registered
Sooooooo many cool thing to do to them. I haven't even done ever mod or go to the extreme I like some of the older numbers on here have done that I remember reading.
I even used what I learned on here to open up the intake and exhaust ports on my 50cc bicycle engine. I am hoping with the few subtle mods I did I can run with a stock 66/80cc.
That's actually what I want to try on some of my motorized bike motors. Never done it but I want to try. I'm also the guy that wants to take a vertical motor and turn it in to a horizontal motor .just to do it

Registered
The best bicycle engine is the 49cc piston port like on the scooters and Cateyes. Mounting them is a whole other story.

Registered
The best bicycle engine is the 49cc piston port like on the scooters and Cateyes. Mounting them is a whole other story.
I've been going with the cheaper ones since I'm fairly new at it. I haven't had any trouble mounting them except for the fat tire. They normally use something called a jack something another. Like on a garage door where one sprocket can run to another sprocket to get around the 4-in tire. I ran it straight lol it just took a while to get everything lined up. I honestly know nothing about motors and engines except what I've taught myself recently but I'm a very Hands-On try to reinvent the wheel type of person.

Registered
If you have a link send me a link I would love to try some other ones. I've got two more that should be here any day now I found them for 30 bucks online. Two was all I could buy because of the limit. Might have been like $35

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes you can take most of these modifications and apply them to just about any two-stroke in fact most of these modifications were taken from chainsaw modifications called the hot saw competition in fact if you visit other websites you're going to see the same modifications done too RC racing boats go karts and lots of other applications...

Registered
That's Fact Jack, lol. Are you referring to a jackshaft??
Ding ding ding."let's tell him what he's wanting Johnny" LOL yeah I have brain farts way too often. Never used one but all the form said that's what I should have used for the fat tire. Especially the 4"

21 - 35 of 35 Posts