Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to install my rocket key what should i look out for and any tips or pics would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rocket key sounds good, but does no good. If you want more power, get a walbro carb, a tuned pipe with a fat expansion chamber, big sprockets for low end torque, or smaller sprockets for top end, then you can port and polish your motor and run high octane gas. A rocket key does no good. The name plays tricks doesn't it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'll be testing my this weekend, but it's cheap and doesn't add alot of mph's like only 2-4, so it's not the same power gain as an exuast or carb, so keep that in mind, also it's only like 15 bucks, so that a nice little mod thats cheap to get a little bit more power. But don't go into it thinking it's going to night and day

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm with turn-n-low. I Installed one only to have to remove it becuz of timing probs.
Best bets 4 gains R good ol' fashiooned port jobs & cylindar mods

·
Registered
573 Posts
Rocket keys do make a difference but alone it does nothing. With a comb of bolt ons its gonna gave you some nice midrange accel. Its a difference but dont expect a super hugh difference.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
yes remember you need the basic bolt-ons for the rocket key to add any power. changing timing on a stock car may work, but not on these bikes.

you need to be a bit experienced to install the rocket key anyway. start out small.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe i should have listed the mods i have made already.i have a vstack and filter ,tuned pipe from oneil bros,walbro wt603 carb, and the ada juicebox. i bought the whole kit from oneil bros and it came with the rocket key too, so with those mods will the rocket key be a good add on

·
Registered
27 Posts
One more note, a rocket key advances the timing but what good does it do if you dont have a ported engine. There's also timing in how the head is ported. If you have a head that is ported wrong with bad timing and you have a rocket key that advances timing, what do you think you get? You get smoked

·
Registered
50 Posts
always good to add a big bore kit 44mm compression 13:1 or higher might need to use good gas later uhh use 1 liter of gas to 30ml of oil keep it lubed otherwise all ur mods might have some seizing...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts