Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so not very well known to the PB planet.. but these are chinese copies of honda gx200's. the model i have is not sold anymore. its a greyhound engine. cost $100 new. 4 stroke. overhead valve. 196cc.

mines modified.

mods:

governor removed (max rpm used to be 3,600, now about 5,000-5,500.).
custom exhaust.
tecumseh spark plug wire.. and weedwacker plug boot :D because old broke.
low oil sensor removed.

i am thinking it may be running lean. listen to the vid... see if you can tell.

the fix to this would be drill out main jet bigger? i have a spare jet to mess with.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
hard to say, id try a jet a tad bigger and do high speed runs to see what pulls hardest
others will tell you to read the plug

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Those engines have the carb gasket installed wrong also...it needs to be slightly modified to fit.......

The proper mods to do after removing the gov is

Heavier weight valve springs #18lb or youll get valve float and hammer the camshaft lobes flat

GX140 emulsion tube

#90 mainjet

widen the sparkplug gap to .045"

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those engines have the carb gasket installed wrong also...it needs to be slightly modified to fit.......

The proper mods to do after removing the gov is

Heavier weight valve springs #18lb or youll get valve float and hammer the camshaft lobes flat

GX140 emulsion tube

#90 mainjet

widen the sparkplug gap to .045"
errrr i really dont want to get thicker springs because that is my "governor" right now to keep the engine from blowing up.

i believe at around 6,000 rpm the connecting rod will go... and a myth is the flywheel can grenade as well.

billet flywheel: $100
billet connecting rod $60

thats an extra $160 of insurance... + shipping...

isnt the gx140 emulsion tube smaller? thats a 5.5hp engine mines 6.5. so would it make it leaner? i dunno.

i can widen the spark gap....

maybe i can "drill" out the spare main jet i have with some welding wire or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts