Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i had the other post when the site had all the data... lets post our speeds again....

Tonight went out for a bit.. got 33.6 on a downhill...

·
Registered
474 Posts
are you running stock gearing and hitting those speeds? if so cool, I am gonna be able to beat my friends bikes even with the 6T, they got clocked at 29mph by the cops.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah stock gearing , just the mods in my signature... oh and i use full synthetic oil and 94 octaine fuel....

i just got a 47 tooth sprocket and chain combo... my low end is gonna total suck.... but i hope to reach 34mph

·
Registered
474 Posts
I know what you mean, I bought a 8T pinion cuz I was under the idea 7T was stock since the site I looked for aftermarket ones sold 6 and 8. but then found out 6t was stock after I ordered so I am gonna "TRY" and run the 8/68 with the mods I am installing but I still DOUBT it will work. mines gonna be 8.5:1 as where the 47T is gonna be 7.8:1. stock is 11.3:1 so I am not sure mines gonna pull, and yours... if you hit 33 stock, youre gonna hit 34 no problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Zuerst said:
I hit 125MPH with my cag...

in the trunk of my car. :D
Dejavu. HaHa!

27mph here. Pending new mods and whenever the local police department decides to put that radar thing close to my neighborhood again. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kevin said:
Well guys i had the other post when the site had all the data... lets post our speeds again....

Tonight went out for a bit.. got 33.6 on a downhill...
i'm installing one of these speedo's on my bike does anyone have a pic of it installed thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
caferacer said:
32mph with mods in sig.
man im hoping you weigh about 400 pounds because..if im not mistaken thats a lucky 7 cag? you have quite a bit of stuff into your cag n your only hitting 32? that kinda blows dude

·
Registered
27 Posts
prrule said:
man im hoping you weigh about 400 pounds because..if im not mistaken thats a lucky 7 cag? you have quite a bit of stuff into your cag n your only hitting 32? that kinda blows dude
Got 2 Cags last week one is 7mph faster than the other, both stock. I will check the pinion and sprockets I think there are different tooth counts between the two bikes!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Currently:

33mph @ 175lbs on flat ground. I live 5000 feet above sea level.

Mods:

IP2 pipe
.42mm fiberglass reed
removed center support of reed cage
3mm reed spacer
base gasket removed
ported exhaust port
IP2 pipe
tapered carb 18mm - 12.7mm
intake port matched to carb
IP2 adjustable jet kit with triple tapered needle
K&N air filter with velocity stack tapered to match inlet on carb
6/68 stock gearing

Mods this weekend and hoping to run a little faster:

Honda head
Big bore cylinder with head machined off by SME Racing
FC crank
lightened rod and piston
remove 3mm spacer
.3mm fiberglass reed
remove adjustable jet kit (experimentation)
.5mm quench
squish band on head angled slightly
same carb as above (I really need to enlarge this one or buy a used PHBG)
stock 6/68 gearing (will switch to 8/60 for some top speed runs if all works out well)
IP2 pipe
Same air filter and velocity stack as above

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
prrule said:
Nah...I'm happy with it.It runs smooth as butter.
BTW...I take the accuracy of the Schwinn speedo with grain of salt.
I smoke stock cags like they're standing still.
Good luck with yours.:p

·
Registered
285 Posts
44mph using 6/60
39mph using 6/68
thats not using the schwinn speedo because it only goes up to 32mph and then it just spins to fast for it.

hope to get a new reading soon once i get some more mods installed.

btw, i was the first to install a schwinn speedo and showed it to the world. now everyone and their grandma has one, haha and how everyone is using 0898.

·
Banned
736 Posts
31.8 MPH with just a CF reed and Jetpro pipe.
Stock gearing and i'm 220 lbs 5' 10"
it went 32.2 with my lighter friend on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2 Cags

prrule said:
7 mph difference stock woah..which is is the slower one??
They are both ver 2 FF Cags and should be the same but they run totally different. I will go through them both this weekend to see if there is a mechanical difference or if one is just set up wrong.

·
Registered
474 Posts
well, havent tested mine, but my friends older cags both go about 30, they got gunnd by a cp at 29 and pulled a bit more after that, and they drag race them and are always within a half a bike of each other back and forth. and I am breaking mine in correctly like they didnt so mine should run better, so I should hit 30mph, I do weigh about 2 lbs more than them though. but I figured it out and if I can go 30 MPH wiht stock gearing, and can hit that same RPM wiht my gearing id hit 40MPH. and if I ever found a plant that would push 8/47 (NEVER gonna happen though) I could hit 57.87 MPH, but I probably wouldnt pull the the same RPM with that gearing as I can with the 6/68.

when I get mine broken in Im gonna ride it near where cops drive by and when the cool ones stop by Im gonna have em clock me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
SUX2BU said:
31.8 MPH with just a CF reed and Jetpro pipe.
Stock gearing and i'm 220 lbs 5' 10"
it went 32.2 with my lighter friend on it.
Where did you buy the Jetpro pipe? I cant find one anywhere.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts