Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished mounting the engine in frame and hooking everything up today. Has more compression than my Boosted306 49cc Cyld engine, and it's real snappy, with the real light clutch arms and extra light flywheel w/ rocket key. This engine came out of CAM2's dual engine mini bike, would have love to see the power that thing had. Cam2 said it sounded like 2 bikes racing down the street, lol. Perfect engine for this scooter.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Finished mounting the engine in frame and hooking everything up today. Has more compression than my Boosted306 49cc Cyld engine, and it's real snappy, with the real light clutch arms and extra light flywheel w/ rocket key. This engine came out of CAM2's dual engine mini bike, would have love to see the power that thing had. Cam2 said it sounded like 2 bikes racing down the street, lol. Perfect engine for this scooter.

Looks really nice even though the 1pc stock head doesnt look like much to others its definately not stock people..Its the..Perfect sleeeeeeeper.....:D....Nice share and killer job Larry..

The twin enginned mini harley that engine came from did 50/51 mph and got there very quickly and yes it definately had a sound that couldnt be nailed down without seeing it first.........:D

·
MidnightMidbikeSyndicate
888 Posts
Great job bro :) i've been super busy the last 5 weeks but did have some time here and there for my project scooter puff sr. I will post some pics soon. Keep up the good work. Nice ride.

·
MidnightMidbikeSyndicate
888 Posts
Also what's your current gearing?

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the stock 5 to 1 reverse trans that came w/ the 49cc P/P engine. The 8mm gears are 20/43, 2.5 to 1 for a total of 7.5:1. It came w/ nobby road dirt tires, all terrain, lol,lol. I got onsale, Kenda $5 ea. road tires from Dave's I believe, 2 yrs ago. Going to put another HP exhaust that came extra w/ the scooter back, I just painted it yesterday. The Jet Pro snail pipe with be turned 180* and run as a Slash Pipe, off the back off of the 49cc Red Head or Sam's 49cc P/P engine in the razor frame w/ cateye front forks and 12" extended rear arms.

·
MidnightMidbikeSyndicate
888 Posts
Sweet I'm running 20/44 05t set up, 10x3.50 street tires, also running a custom exhaust pipe I made. Gonna take pics in a few minutes and a video for boobtube.

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's just the name I gave it. I have a lot of engines, each eng. or bike has a name & a file w/ all the work that has been done. It's been blueprinted, ported and the compression increased.

·
Bicycle with Engine
881 Posts
That's a sharp lookin scooter. I bet it flies on the top end with that gearing. :D:thumbsup: Nice job EPR.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
That's just the name I gave it. I have a lot of engines, each eng. or bike has a name & a file w/ all the work that has been done. It's been blueprinted, ported and the compression increased.
Its more like a wolf in sheeps clothing...........LOL...............You also forgot the rest of the mods like polishing,,boost bottle,,rocket ket,,lightened flywheel.........etc.....Lots of things you dont get in a typical chinese 2 stroker.......:D

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might buy a black plastic cyld cover and put it on, can fill the air from the fins going straight up and not buy the cyld. Don't know why it's hard to start cold, but once it's running it wants to Go, lol.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
I might buy a black plastic cyld cover and put it on, can fill the air from the fins going straight up and not buy the cyld. Don't know why it's hard to start cold, but once it's running it wants to Go, lol.
I used a small l shaped piece of aluminum bent on a 22 degree angle.......

·
MidnightMidbikeSyndicate
888 Posts
I have to use a heat gun on the head before she will start, or pull start 30times lol. After the heat its one prime pull and she fire half way through the start pull.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts