Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance at getting a good deal on one dose anyone know If I count Mount a Zenoah G290RC engine in it? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
Good luck getting that engine to work with anything pocket bike or scooter related without doing major modifications to the scooter and engine you have an RC car engine why don't you just buy a scooter with the proper engine in it unless you want to do major modifications including cutting welding grinding bracket making. So yes what you're asking is possible is it easy no should it be done no but hey if you figure it out and get it to work you should take pictures of it post it here because we will think that is cool

If you're not mechanically inclined and good at fabricating stuff I would say no don't take the project on Just buy something that already works the way it's intended

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the reply I thought that RC engine and scooter engine were the same. So Zenoah makes specific engines for scooters? I want to use a Zenoah 290 because my RC Heli uses the same Engine just a modified version. I wanted to try to mess around with porting on the scooter and I’m very familiar with that engine now

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
It's do - able and what most used to run on their spindle driven GoPeds...Then everybody started stepping up to the Gp460...

Good Luck

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
What is a spindle drive scooter? Would that be a scooter with no clutch?
Yeah its also known as a friction drive scooter....

On my 1999 Viza Viper HotRod stand up sit down/stand-up scooter It has a 45cc Zenoah based 2 stroker that came stock with a 19mm Walbro HDA series carb and V-stack..

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Ok thanks is a DBX scooter any good? Dose anyone know if parts are still available?
That's the kind of research you yourself needs to do....Google a customer review about the products you want to buy then research the parts...

You'll get a better education about scooters more doing the research....

It's just like the proverb about giving a man a fish or teaching him to fish. ..

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
yeaaaaaaa!!!!!! Scoooottteeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Hahahaha
Scoot scoot scoooooooooooterrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! Buy two or three different ones and then keep the one you like and sell the other ones on Craigslist everyone's going to have their own preference and no two scooters are created equal.... scoooooooter!!!!! My scooter is better than all y'alls scooter 😎😆😁😁😎😛😈

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
The onley ones that are going to work are the old school gopeds make shore you bring your engine with when you buy the scooter so you can see if the mounting bolt pattern is going to work or not if it's not the old school spindle drive GoPed then no it will not work

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok thank you they are hard to find and are expensive. I’m going to look at a S Razorback G scooter tomorrow it has a seat on it not sure of engine size for 150 starts up but needs a throttle cable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts