Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the serial number of my bike. I googled it but had no luck. can anyone help? Serial #SAV.P1.040700937. I would like to find out as much as possible. THANKS

·
Registered
3 Posts

I've got a very similar number, I get that most people say they mean nothing. But as someone who's worked in the manufacturing industry for quite a while I know there was never a number or letter that I stamped into a part for no reason and that each number does in fact get logged.

But does anyone recognize what this bike is? It's been beaten to crap but I got it running and was doing 40ish on it today.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
882 Posts
Yeah if anything the numbers on the Calgary pocket bikes are literally just serial numbers for how many they produced. I understand that all of the manufacturing processes use numbers for a reason but not these pocket bikes.
These bikes to anywhere between 24 and 29 mph is in my experience unless they were modified and regeared. I have seen at least 25 different chinese pocket bikes. I rode a blata 2.5 that one was clocked at 35. (Gps)

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
Hahaha 40mph my heavily modified one goes 35 on GPS I definitely would not want to go any faster on that chinese steal.

The code is for a dealer for verifying a bike they have sold but then no dealer in their right mind would offer a real
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive design
warranty on a pocket bike unless they were really desperate to go out of business 😂

·
Registered
882 Posts
You need to regear yours Kitty, I bet you could hit 40. Any heavily modified motor will do it but how big are your balls! Not sure I'd want to do 40, I was scared as crap at 35 on that tiny little thing. Now I've done 115mph on a Harley but obviously a bigger machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its a cag and you where no going 40mph. Are you needing parts?
Had someone follow me and checked speed that way. He told me I was doing about 25 on the gravel road so I said quick let get to some pavement and he said i was hitting between 40 and 45mph. I did however break some teeth of the drive sprocket doing that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I'm new to the pocket bikes but rebuild anything with an engine and make all my own parts too. Do you guys think the gears I'm making will work? Forget whether they are for power or speed, just if you know something that I don't regarding the gearing of these.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah I believe somebody's speedometer is way off as well. You need a GPS it. If you have stock 6/68, 40 is impossible even with twice the horsepower.
Stock motor and gearing??

·
Registered
541 Posts
Looks like he is running a 8 tooth front sprocket and if he is riding down a long hill, well who knows. If he's light enough and/ or tucks down enough.
Speedometers in cars are factory set to be wrong 4-5mph

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
Looks like he is running a 8 tooth front sprocket and if he is riding down a long hill, well who knows. If he's light enough and/ or tucks down enough.
Speedometers in cars are factory set to be wrong 4-5mph
He should be able to download a app and get an accurate speed no matter what phone he has.

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
What does a phone have to do with a car speedometer?
I've pm'd you a few times about the pipe. Yea, i still have the pipe. I have no idea why your not getting the pm
What I was trying to say is he can download an app like digihud adjust the settings to hold top speed then shove it in his pocket and do the speed run to get a way more accurate top speed.

money sent from Paypal sell2you...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts