Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used Razor PR for my 4 yo......and it’s a bit fast until he gets the hang of it. My 6 yo boy rides an MX350 and his little brothers legs are too short to ride it....the PR is the perfect height for him.

Can anyone give me advice on how I can mod it to slow it down just a little bit?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Are we talking about a PR200, 250w pocket bike, the goes 15 mph max?? I could not get my son to ride, cause he said its to slow. He will get use to it after a few rides. What about knee & elbow pads & helmet??

·
Registered
6 Posts
How about taking out one battery and dropping to 12 volts? I have a PR200 also and my 3 year old son is dying to ride it. (he sees his 8 year old sister ride it all the time) He can balance on a Stryder bike but needs to master pedaling on a pedal bike before I'm gonna let him throw a leg over the motorcycle. Anyways, I've thought of going 12 volt on our PR200, may drop the speed to around 8 mph I'm guessing?

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
How about taking out one battery and dropping to 12 volts? I have a PR200 also and my 3 year old son is dying to ride it. (he sees his 8 year old sister ride it all the time) He can balance on a Stryder bike but needs to master pedaling on a pedal bike before I'm gonna let him throw a leg over the motorcycle. Anyways, I've thought of going 12 volt on our PR200, may drop the speed to around 8 mph I'm guessing?
How do you plan on getting the 18v controller and throttle to cooperate with the 6v voltage loss??

I'd think that an $8 potentiometer is the easiest way than doing what your proposing ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! Did you successfully slow down the bike for your 4yr old? If so, what did you do? I’m researching the same thing before I make a purchase for my sons 4th birthday. TIA

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
the thing is they onley go 15mph MAX ( that's the average running speed of a healthy adult ) if you need slower then that get a power wheels they go about 6 mph keep in mind razor says these bikes are for ages 13+ put a GPS on your child's pedal bike you will be surprised...

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
The problem is, the bikes are small so people think there for kids. I would never put a 4 year old on even a Razor Rocket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts