Pocketbike Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get together tonight for some parking lot ridding? Me and Law (Nightfall) found a good spot to ride in at nights in Covina CA. If anyone is down let me know, sorry Law I was trying to call you but I lost my phone and your number was in my PM's but after what happened I lost it :(. Let me know.

Jamie

[email protected]
626-625-0967

·
Registered
20 Posts
how the surface there?? any dips or cracks?? are you guys setting up cones??

Please PM me the location so I see how far it is from my location.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you ride only on wednesday night or whenever? I met and rode with nightfall and he is a very cool guy. We rode in Compton but probably won't be riding there again. I would like to join you and Law next time you go out there. Let me know when.

·
Registered
122 Posts
:) Whups, I haven't checked this area for a while.
Well, I'm down for some riding. Whaddaya think? That school lot again or.....

You know, I'm thinking that if we find a nice big PARK that we can cruise the car lot and maybe even set up cones and stuff.

The lot of that one school was HUGE, but night riding + potholes + poor lighting = scary stuff.:D

I'm convinced at this point that parks are grey zones and parking lots are even more of a "safety zone" from cops. Unless someone actually makes a call and complains I don't think there'a much they can do....

BTW, next time ROo, just send me a pm :D
Anyone else down, or got good ideas.
Will travel, yeah!

·
Registered
573 Posts
actually parks are banned for the most part. Their made for non motorized vehicles, cops usually get anal about riding in the park because you might hurt little kids.

·
Registered
122 Posts
aw, that sux.
What about the car lots at the parks, or schools?

Have you ever been to those large parks where the road to the parking lots wind through the parks? What about that? I'm thinking of liek, El DOrado Park or some Regional parks that have this going on.

I'm desperate, mate >_<;;;

·
Registered
573 Posts
El dorado park is a big no, they will take it away from you faster then u can unload it. Try looking for industrial areas with big parking lots. If you can ask premission. I guess your close by to me, I use to ride in parks when it was legal they told me to take it on the streets.

·
Registered
122 Posts
:eek: El Dorado is a no go? Aw man!!!!
Yeah, I guess industrial parks are the way to go then.

I actually just got back in from riding in one near my place. It's not too bad if you just want to zip up and down.

If I could setup a simple cone track I could have some fun. It's even lit for some night time action if anyone cares to join me:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I drove by the other day and it looks decent. I didn't notice if there is lighting for night riding. Is it lit at night?

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's not bad at night. the lighting is better than the school spot. Just not as big.

Oh ya, I crashed my bike today. :( I think the front bolts came a loose on the frnt wheel- hit a speed bump in a lot and next thing I know I was surfing on the asphalt x_x;

Glad I had gear on. still tweaked my shoulder, though :|

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also crash last Saturday night in LA. I was going in the turn too fast and the bike slide on it side and I just roll then stood up without a scratch. Jacket saves me from getting rashes. I would like to try BP soon, LA is kinda far for me. Let me know next time and I will join you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm glad to hear you didn't get hurt!

:( I was wearing my full gear but my shoulder smacked pavement pretty hard. It's alright, but I think I'm gonna get plastic or metal armor for my jacket. These Joe Rocket jackets are cool 'cause you can pull out the foam and switch it out for better stuff.

Oh ya, the clamps on my fork are busted so I gotta get this fixed before we can ride again....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are we riding Thurs? I will drive downa nd join you guys :)

Sorry to hear about all the crashes. I havnt had 1 ride on my bike since that 1 time me and NightFall met :(

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.