Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a very nice X1 bike a few weeks ago from craiglist. I haven't put any money into upgrades yet, as I have mainly focused on breaking it in, and tuning it to max performance that the stock setup can offer. I'm pretty sure I've hit the limit, and with my 185lb weight Ive gone 27mph max, tracked via GPS :eek: That's some adequate speed, but I am now looking to push a little more out of it. I will be looking into porting the engine soon, but first I want to experiment with adding a canister muffler in hopes of reducing noise and increasing engine power (as the stock exhaust is basically a straight pipe with a silencer). I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has tried to add an aftermarket muffler onto their bike (that wasn't originally made for pocket bikes) with noticeable benefits in power?

I was also looking at 110cc manual trans. engines on eBay and might want to invest in one soon for an engine swap, but I was curious if anyone has tried to convert their 50cc automatic into a manual? Maybe by adding a bicycle gear shifter? There's plenty of room around the X1 to do that...

One more thing- has anyone tried the hydraulic brakes from pocketbikeparts.com for the X1?

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
So I bought a very nice X1 bike a few weeks ago from craiglist. I haven't put any money into upgrades yet, as I have mainly focused on breaking it in, and tuning it to max performance that the stock setup can offer. I'm pretty sure I've hit the limit, and with my 185lb weight Ive gone 27mph max, tracked via GPS :eek: That's some adequate speed, but I am now looking to push a little more out of it. I will be looking into porting the engine soon, but first I want to experiment with adding a canister muffler in hopes of reducing noise and increasing engine power (as the stock exhaust is basically a straight pipe with a silencer). I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has tried to add an aftermarket muffler onto their bike (that wasn't originally made for pocket bikes) with noticeable benefits in power?

I was also looking at 110cc manual trans. engines on eBay and might want to invest in one soon for an engine swap, but I was curious if anyone has tried to convert their 50cc automatic into a manual? Maybe by adding a bicycle gear shifter? There's plenty of room around the X1 to do that...

One more thing- has anyone tried the hydraulic brakes from pocketbikeparts.com for the X1?
If youre looking for maximum power with low sound you need to whip-up a dual chamber rev-pipe..........

As far as hydraulic brakes I never needed them on my X1's All you have to know to do is how to adjust the brakes right and mine run 40mph w/modded engine and 13/25 gearing................This is an old pic of it when it went 34mph..It was modded w/porting also w/revpipe and 12/36 gearing............

Heres when it was modded even more faster with 13/25 gearing and a fatty pipe exhaust,,modded carb,,power porting,,lightened piston,,modded flywheel,,modded clutch,,homemade v-stack....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts