Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all spark plugs AND spark plug coils 1size fits all?? On eBay all the coils look different from the one I have so I don't know,, also the spark plug itself, is there a specific size or just 1 size fits all??

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
There are a few different ones for different models... What Pocket bike do you have? Look on E bay and buy one that looks the same.. ;)

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,569 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need the coil for an "MT-A4" AKA "C1" or "B1-replica" just search for MT-A4 coil and you should find it, and the spark plug I use is an NGK B9 ES which can be sourced locally at almost any auto parts store.

Nick.
Do you know where I can find one?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,569 Posts
Do you know where I can find one?
Ebay or pretty much any pocket bike parts shop on the internet has them, but are you sure you need a new coil? was the coil to flywheel gap set right?

I'll see if I can find some 3D images I made a while ago that show the process.

Google search link

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ebay or pretty much any pocket bike parts shop on the internet has them, but are you sure you need a new coil? was the coil to flywheel gap set right?

I'll see if I can find some 3D images I made a while ago that show the process.

Google search link
the coil is perfectly fine, its the cap that goes from the coil to the plug. it was ripped out( dont want to go into details lol).

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,569 Posts
here you go.

So if you look at the first picture you will see how the coil usually sits over the flywheel, and you can see the the bolt holes in the coil are oval shaped allowing the coil to move up and down when it's bolts are loosened.

There needs to be a gap between the flywheel and the coil, but it needs to be almost as small of a gap as you can get, but far enough away that the flywheel will never actually touch the coil.

In the other pictures you can see a business card between the coil and flywheel setting the gap, you then tighten the bolts and then remove the business card and the gap should be close to right, this will help make a nice strong spark.

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,569 Posts
the coil is perfectly fine, its the cap that goes from the coil to the plug. it was ripped out( dont want to go into details lol).
I see, you could do a plug wire upgrade, EPR and CAM2 are good at them and have some threads up showing what to buy (a new plug wire) and how to attach it to the coil.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here you go.

So if you look at the first picture you will see how the coil usually sits over the flywheel, and you can see the the bolt holes in the coil are oval shaped allowing the coil to move up and down when it's bolts are loosened.

There needs to be a gap between the flywheel and the coil, but it needs to be almost as small of a gap as you can get, but far enough away that the flywheel will never actually touch the coil.

In the other pictures you can see a business card between the coil and flywheel setting the gap, you then tighten the bolts and then remove the business card and the gap should be close to right, this will help make a nice strong spark.
VERY helpful, thank you!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you have any old yard equipment around, or just for a spare plug until you buy one many weed whacker/leafblower plugs will work

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Those are some nice CAD drawings of the C1 NaSa! I might ask you for help if I try out a C1 engine on a big mid-bike/moped in the future, it's a lot of HP for the $$! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
here you go.

Excellent CAD images NaSa, I just learned a new trick and hope to expand my pocketbike knowledge here at PBP! :thumbsup:

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,569 Posts
Those are some nice CAD drawings of the C1 NaSa! I might ask you for help if I try out a C1 engine on a big mid-bike/moped in the future, it's a lot of HP for the $$! :)

Thanks, and for sure, feel free to hit me up if you ever need.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,569 Posts
Excellent CAD images NaSa, I just learned a new trick and hope to expand my pocketbike knowledge here at PBP! :thumbsup:
No problem snap shot I'm glad you liked it, I should have more coming soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts