Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i be gapping the spark to, i got it start when the motor was out of the bike, just got the bike put back together and now it wont start, also how does the kill switch work, when i started the bike, the switch wasnt attached to the bike, when i pressed the switched it kept shocking me, im assuming it has to be attached to the bike, thanks

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
what should i be gapping the spark to
What Spark Plug and what bike? most of the major brand spark plugs come "Gapped" already...

also how does the kill switch work, when i started the bike, the switch wasnt attached to the bike, when i pressed the switched it kept shocking me, im assuming it has to be attached to the bike, thanks
Depending on the bike / engine, it is pretty normal for the Kill switch on a 2-stroke, to simply Ground the coil to the same potential as the Frame, the "Path Home" is supposed to be through the spark plug and out through the engine to the frame, the power takes the "Shortcut" through the kill switch and to the frame.

Is your bike bare metal or painted? and where does it seem like it's shocking you from?

Nick.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
2 stroke sparkplug gap is .030"

Flywheel airgap is .020"

If your bike wont start I would start with disconnecting the killswitch wire that goes into the pullstarter case...........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts